Fram UG 6607, 5100mi service. New Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few pictures of a Fram UG 7317 6607 in service for 5100 miles of winter driving in a new 2018 Mazda 3, 2.5L engine. Not much to see here.

Ray

P1020678.jpg

P1020679.jpg

P1020680.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
So it's a 6607 or a 7317?

My bad... It's a 6607. I'll fix the post.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by Chris142
Tiny little thing.

Yup, I just have a hard time using such a small filter, even though I know it does fine.

Yeah, no argument there. I've seen bigger filters on lawn mower engines. Whatever.. it's rated for 20,000 miles and I bought four of these and four 7317's for a bargain price because the boxes were damaged. This is my daily commuter and I'm not hard on my engines they will be put to use with no worries.

Ray

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Will the 7317 fit?
smile.gif

Absolutely. It's only 3/4" longer. If anything its a little easier to reach.

Yeah … my 42" mower has a bigger filter (for sure since I'm using what our 2.0L Fusion shares) …

Originally Posted by RayCJ
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Will the 7317 fit?
smile.gif

Absolutely. It's only 3/4" longer. If anything its a little easier to reach.

At least use the 7317. Even that is too small IMHO.

This is a "generic" Asian filter used on Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, Hyundia, Kia. All the same ( with some bypass ratings tweeking here and there) Toyota is the only one out in left field.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Toyota is the only one out in left field.

They did that so COMMON "Ford/Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler/Jeep" thread filters would fit - like the PH16

No doubt, these are small filters but, there's tens of thousands of Mazda engines on the road running this filter and as far as I know, it's not causing any problems.

Also... Just FYI: My winter gloves are usually 2XL sized. -Lots of folks say I have big hands.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back