Wrist Watches again?

Originally Posted by talest
That is a good looking and functional watch and for $26.39 I believe we have a winner.

If I had to nitpick a little, the digital display could have been designed better. For example, you can't see day of the week and day of the month on the same screen, which is what I am used to seeing on all my other watches.

Also, the main difference between the orange version and white version is that the orange version only has lume on the hands as opposed to on all digits, alas,the lume doesn't last very long anyway. Hard to expect great lume in this price range, I guess. Besides, the LCD has a backlight, so no biggie.

Orange one looks a bit more unique.

I just really like the size of this watch. Case is only 42mm wide, so it doesn't look ridiculously huge on my smaller wrist, compared to all the other G-Shocks and Tough Solars out there.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I'd like to get an Orient Bambino just to get one and for no other reason than I like its vintage look.

Yes indeed, I like the vintage looks and reasonable size of the Bambino line. Most are under 10mm wide and between 39 and 40.5mm diameter. I prefer to have my watches well protected under the collar of the shirt sleeve. I just never got on-board with the huge dial look. They are all hackable and based on Bambino (not Seiko) movements.

Here's a couple more nice watches I'd like to have some day
20.gif
(LOL):

PatekPhillipe2.JPG

PatekPhillipe1.JPG

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
That is a good looking and functional watch and for $26.39 I believe we have a winner.

If I had to nitpick a little, the digital display could have been designed better. For example, you can't see day of the week and day of the month on the same screen, which is what I am used to seeing on all my other watches.

Also, the main difference between the orange version and white version is that the orange version only has lume on the hands as opposed to on all digits, alas,the lume doesn't last very long anyway. Hard to expect great lume in this price range, I guess. Besides, the LCD has a backlight, so no biggie.

I just really like the size of this watch. Case is only 42mm wide, so it doesn't look ridiculously huge on my smaller wrist, compared to all the other G-Shocks and Tough Solars out there.

[Linked Image]

Your numbers have lume? Now I'm jealous.
smile.gif
But you're right, the lume is not the best. I also have to agree with you on the digital display.

I don't know how long the sale will continue but anyone interested in an automatic watch that uses a Seiko movement should check out Aragon Watch and their Mother's Day mega-sale. With the 50% off you can get two watches on the sale list for $75 each plus tax and shipping. Aragon has some physically large watches as well, but they have some "smaller" 45mm divers that buyers seem to rave about.

That's always my biggest problem. Otherwise, I look like I've got a wall clock strapped to my wrist.
wink.gif
My Citizen has been good for that, but I was careful, since they have some pretty gigantic watches in their catalogue, too.

I do enjoy a bit larger watch on my wrist(43mm-46mm) but nothing below 40mm. I do however have one GARGANTUAN watch(50mm) dive watch that dose look way to LARGE on my 7.5" wrist.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
These are the 2 watches I wear the most (I have about 10 different ones)

Citizen "The Citizen" with a Washi dial. I really like this watch and wear it often.
https://deployant.com/review-enter-...4020-54y-best-quartz-watch-in-the-world/

This is my second most worn watch. 1972 King Seiko. I have a few versions of the KS but this with the linen dial is my favorite.
[Linked Image]

Both are nice but this one strikes me most. Are you the original owner and do you have serviced as needed?

Is the KS a 36k hi-beat? That single complication was considered their best ever produced.

Ray

Originally Posted by RayCJ
Originally Posted by BeerCan
These are the 2 watches I wear the most (I have about 10 different ones)

Citizen "The Citizen" with a Washi dial. I really like this watch and wear it often.
https://deployant.com/review-enter-...4020-54y-best-quartz-watch-in-the-world/

This is my second most worn watch. 1972 King Seiko. I have a few versions of the KS but this with the linen dial is my favorite.
[Linked Image]

Both are nice but this one strikes me most. Are you the original owner and do you have serviced as needed?

Is the KS a 36k hi-beat? That single complication was considered their best ever produced.

Ray

That one is the 5625B movement 28,800 beats. My other KS is a 5626A. Both are very accurate considering their age, and both are serviced periodically. I have not owned them since new
smile.gif
I just like vintage watches. I have 3 or 4 tuning forks from the 70's and another one of my favorites, my Cosmic from the 60's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have to give it a big thumbs up. I just noticed how it seems to operate. The lower right button, at the 4 o'clock position, runs through those with two quick presses of that button. The first push states WED; the next push states 5. 8 and one more push gets it back to the digital time, the second clock running the whole time. This contributes to a much cleaner look than any other digital watch I have ever had, including the Timex Expedition which ultimately had a failed whole dial backlight, needed a band replaced from another watch either Casio or Seiko if I remember because I forget and ultimately stopped working and needed to be thrown out, as nice as it may have looked. This one, if the glowing hands do not tell the time, we can press the button at the 2 o'clock position and see the time. It's actually rather smooth, I do not know about ingenious, but it shows every indication of keeping better time than the Automatic movement watches - the ones that would stop and not keep good time that I used to like.

This is the first small face watch I have had in some time, I personaly will leave the plastic on the face because it is when you remove this that it gets all scratched up. This seems a version of the Timex Expedition I used to enjoy, better quality and for an adult active lifestyle. We could always jump in a pool with our watches on. This is the best $26 I have spent in awhile and that also means it cost less to buy this than it did to put gas in my truck last week, which is already gone.

I do enjoy a bit larger watch on my wrist(43mm-46mm) but nothing below 40mm. I do however have one GARGANTUAN watch(50mm) dive watch that dose look way to LARGE on my 7.5" wrist.

I'll go under 40 mm depending on the watch. The Citizen I wear is 39 mm. I found a picture of it:

[Linked Image]

The first push states WED;
Yup. The point I was trying to make earlier was that it would be more useful if they included day of the month right next to that WED instead of the seconds counter.

BeerCan, I like all 3.
I've never seen a Japanese watch that was Chronometer Certified. Was this a COSC(Swiss) Cert?

mine two

[Linked Image]

I know an iWatch could be an assault for watch collectivists; however, I like its multi-functionality and it is my daily watch

The thread is open to all watches. I'm not a fan of every single watch style but, I do have my favorites.
I introduced a buddy of mine to Victorinox watches. His wife bought him one of the new INOX watches a few years ago.
I like your's and the Airboss automatics.

thumbsup2.gif

IMO Victorinox is the best buy out there, affordable yet classy;

if I would be step up it would be one of these

[Linked Image]

BeerCan, I like all 3.
I've never seen a Japanese watch that was Chronometer Certified. Was this a COSC(Swiss) Cert?

From what I understand they were certified in Japan by a branch of COSC that was in country. I know it was the only Suwa developed movement used in the KS. Suwa was the factory that did the Grand Seiko and Daini did the King Seiko. This watch was basically the beginning of the end for KS I think the last one was 1975. Quartz was coming on strong and mechanical watches were falling out of favor

Here are some more late 60's early 70's watches I have

These are my Accutron RR watches. I think it interesting that one of them has no 12 just a 0
[Linked Image]

Here are 2 more tuning fork watches. These are ESA based and often considered the best tuning fork watches made. The movement was called the rolls royce of humming watches
IWC
[Linked Image]

Omega
[Linked Image]

Here is my Enicar. This watch is so ugly that I like it. Interesting fact is Enicar is the watchmakers last name spelled backwards.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by miden851
thumbsup2.gif

IMO Victorinox is the best buy out there, affordable yet classy...

Amazon has been featuring some Victorinox watches as part of their daily deals for about a week now, if anyone's interested.

Back