Ever “tipped” a worker to get a fat discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by goggomobil
If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.

I once 'tipped' a dealership parts guy (via proxy... friend of a friend) a 12-pack for a woodgrain dash insert for my brand new 1980 F-150.

I drove that thing for sixteen years and, for sixteen years, a stolen walnut-grained dash insert faced me for about 160,000 miles of driving. It's on my long list of regrets; what seemed ok when I was 23 years old ended up being a bummer for me and the guy who I tempted into theft.

Advice from an old guy: if you're sure you have no soul and/or conscience, go ahead and do it.

That guy might own the dealership today.....or have become the CEO of the corporation. Who knows?

Well, I gave the front door man a 20 dollar tip at this nice hotel in New Orleans and told him to go ahead and valet my truck. As ya'll know, parking is at a premium in N.O., somewhere around 35 a night for valet. When we left, he was the one that checked me out and viola....no parking charges. Nice.

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Knew who started this thread just by the title.

This happens at aquarium shops all the time I've seen it time and time again.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Well, I gave the front door man a 20 dollar tip at this nice hotel in New Orleans and told him to go ahead and valet my truck. As ya'll know, parking is at a premium in N.O., somewhere around 35 a night for valet. When we left, he was the one that checked me out and viola....no parking charges. Nice.

Yeah, that's what's up!

I don't see this as a problem really bc those folks don't really make much. If they got a living wage, they wouldn't be moved so much by a few bucks $20. The way I see it, the house is really getting unfairly cheap labour. Screwing over their hard workers. Once in a while if it cuts the other way, is that really a bad thing.

Originally Posted by BossMoss
I don't see this as a problem really bc those folks don't really make much. If they got a living wage, they wouldn't be moved so much by a few bucks $20. The way I see it, the house is really getting unfairly cheap labour. Screwing over their hard workers. Once in a while if it cuts the other way, is that really a bad thing.

This latest screen name has really got legs.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Originally Posted by goggomobil
If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.

I once 'tipped' a dealership parts guy (via proxy... friend of a friend) a 12-pack for a woodgrain dash insert for my brand new 1980 F-150.

I drove that thing for sixteen years and, for sixteen years, a stolen walnut-grained dash insert faced me for about 160,000 miles of driving. It's on my long list of regrets; what seemed ok when I was 23 years old ended up being a bummer for me and the guy who I tempted into theft.

Advice from an old guy: if you're sure you have no soul and/or conscience, go ahead and do it.

That guy might own the dealership today.....or have become the CEO of the corporation. Who knows?

Ok so. Just donate a lot to charity. Like make a deal with your conscious. "I'm gonna give $15k to make up for any and all past transgressions and sleep better.

Originally Posted by Astro14
You mean bribe?

No.

So, a crisp, new $20 Canadian bill won't get me bumped to first class?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
You mean bribe?

No.

wink.gif

Maybe first class on a Dash 8 by a unscrupulous attendant.

Originally Posted by PimTac
You mean bribe?

No.

wink.gif

Maybe first class on a Dash 8 by a unscrupulous attendant.

$20
lol.gif

You mean bribe?

No.

wink.gif

Why do you have the queen of another country on your money?

She's the Queen of Canada, by the constitution here, and the same applies to each Commonwealth country. Not getting into politics, but just providing a civics lesson, Canada has chosen the reigning member of the House of Windsor as our head of state and our succession laws are aligned with those of other Commonwealth realms. That's simply a matter of fact and whether or not it's a good idea is not up for debate here according to the rules of this site.

She's the Queen of Canada, by the constitution here, and the same applies to each Commonwealth country. Not getting into politics, but just providing a civics lesson, Canada has chosen the reigning member of the House of Windsor as our head of state and our succession laws are aligned with those of other Commonwealth realms. That's simply a matter of fact and whether or not it's a good idea is not up for debate here according to the rules of this site.

House of Windsor is a chamber of the parliament? Upper or lower?

Some US states are called commonwealth and not states. I think Virginia is one. They don't have connection to the queen, formally or informally, do they?

Originally Posted by BossMoss

House of Windsor is a chamber of the parliament? Upper or lower?

Some US states are called commonwealth and not states. I think Virginia is one. They don't have connection to the queen, formally or informally, do they?

Wikipedia is your friend...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_of_the_United_Kingdom

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back