Which Harbor Freight reciprocating blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new set of reciprocating saw blades. I don't use them often or for a long time period of time, just on occasion, so I'm not interested in the best, just something to do the job.

Harbor Freight has 3 "levels" of their Harbor Freight brands. I don't know if it matters.

Warrior 15 mixed set of blades $15
Bauer 9 mixed set of blades $18
Hercules 12 mixed set of blades $20

I was going to buy the most expensive because it was not much more money and what the xxxx.

Comments? Any others in this price range? I like the fact if these are horrible I can return them locally and they got pretty good reviews.

I've had good luck with all of them. There's not much difference as far as I can tell, especially cutting wood.

There's not as much difference between the HF reciprocating blades as there is between the HF blades and something like a Milwaukee torch blade. I use those specifically when I'm going to be cutting a lot of metal.

For general use, the HF blades are fine.

I've used their blades for a jig saw and my IR air saw. I found them to be pretty good. I went with their least expensive offering.

This morning I bought the cheapest at Harbor Freight, used it on the job to cut a section of really thick flooring, double layer plus, to move a gas line and it worked fine.

I bought the HF large multi pack of their cheapest line, with coupon they dident cost much, but they suck. Once I go through this set I plan to pony up for maybe an Irwin set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back