Ford 2019 F350 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sw99
I planning on running T5 10w30 or MC 10w30 in mine. I tow a handful of times a year at a max ox 5-7K.
You won't know the 5,000 to7,000m lbs is there

Originally Posted by beanoil
HMMMM interesting. The Ford link is down.
If it's approved, it's likely to be on the bottles in stores by now.
For all practical purposes, CJ-4 is fine. CK-4 is probably OK if not CK-4/SN.
Delvac and Delo were not on the list at last look, Rotella and Valvoline are. Supertech was, may not be anymore since their change to CK-4/SN.
Harvest King is on the list if you have a Farm and Home or Rural King near you. Mystik was on the list.
Ford's stand on new oils...

Ok, so the "SN" thing is what to avoid? My beloved ST is now going CK-4....jerks. I am going to look today. I will see what they are in my area. Hopefully I can get a batch of CJ-4 leftover.

Bbslider: I nabbed last 3 gallons of Cj4 ST oil other weekend
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bbslider001
Originally Posted by beanoil
HMMMM interesting. The Ford link is down.
If it's approved, it's likely to be on the bottles in stores by now.
For all practical purposes, CJ-4 is fine. CK-4 is probably OK if not CK-4/SN.
Delvac and Delo were not on the list at last look, Rotella and Valvoline are. Supertech was, may not be anymore since their change to CK-4/SN.
Harvest King is on the list if you have a Farm and Home or Rural King near you. Mystik was on the list.
Ford's stand on new oils...

Ok, so the "SN" thing is what to avoid? My beloved ST is now going CK-4....jerks. I am going to look today. I will see what they are in my area. Hopefully I can get a batch of CJ-4 leftover.

Byron......
33.gif
smile.gif

Fear not CK-4 oils...they are working great for me, just as advertised. If you look at your very own UOA that you posted last year, you'll see that rileyc posted the updated product info for ST 15W-40. Their CK-4 is still packing the same amount of ZDDP as the CJ-4 version that you've been using. There's also improved shear stability, better control of air entrainment and it's capable of going much farther than CJ-4 should you need to push it a little.

You can keep using it with confidence
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by dustyroads
Fear not CK-4 oils...they are working great for me, just as advertised. If you look at your very own UOA that you posted last year, you'll see that rileyc posted the updated product info for ST 15W-40. Their CK-4 is still packing the same amount of ZDDP as the CJ-4 version that you've been using. There's also improved shear stability, better control of air entrainment and it's capable of going much farther than CJ-4 should you need to push it a little.

You can keep using it with confidence
thumbsup2.gif

Now dusty ...
Let's not let facts and logic get in the way of good ol' fashioned rhetoric and mythology. Why should we value results over guesses and swags, anyway?
grin.gif

Dave and Dusty, the input is much appreciated. Dave can attest (if he remembers) that I usually err on the side of not getting into the hype, but the "SN" seemed to be a concern, so I wondered what that was about. I did look over rileyc's response just a moment ago. I did not realize he had responded to that thread. I will continue to remain confident in ST oils. I did notice though that Rotella and Castrol 15w-40 oils did not have an "SN" rating. I believe that is for the gas engine side, correct? Anyways, I am glad to see I can motor on with my ST oil. It has done me really well thus far, and I love the pretty blue jugs.
grin.gif

Dave, c'mon now, you know the romance of SWAG is just too darned hard to let go. LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbslider001
Dave and Dusty, the input is much appreciated. Dave can attest (if he remembers) that I usually err on the side of not getting into the hype, but the "SN" seemed to be a concern, so I wondered what that was about. I did look over rileyc's response just a moment ago. I did not realize he had responded to that thread. I will continue to remain confident in ST oils. I did notice though that Rotella and Castrol 15w-40 oils did not have an "SN" rating. I believe that is for the gas engine side, correct? Anyways, I am glad to see I can motor on with my ST oil. It has done me really well thus far, and I love the pretty blue jugs.
grin.gif

Dave, c'mon now, you know the romance of SWAG is just too darned hard to let go. LOL

I was worried to but after seeing the numbers from Riley I have the new ck-4 ST in my 6.9 already. It is confusing because some of the oils like the new delvac do have the lowered zinc/phos numbers..... I am glad to keep using the ST.

Originally Posted by BrianF
What???? They approved 30 weights.. lol.

Why not? Every major heavy diesel OEM is factory filling and recommending 30 weight oils and have been for several years. Not sure what is so special about a PStroke over a Mack/Volvo, Detroit, Paccar, Navistar, or Cummins engine. And those big boys have OEM recommended OCI's starting at 35,000 miles on up. Frankly, it was curious to me why the pickup diesel folks were taking so long to get with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back