a Mazda Testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Mazda vehicles are much different from the old ones. They use the same steel and corrosion protection methods as everyone else does.

I drove my 2007 MS3 as a DD year round for over 7 years. I never saw a speck of rust on the body or the undercarriage.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by Linctex
Mazda is the modern-day Chevy Vega
mad.gif

What are you smoking? Mazdas are some of the most reliable cars made

Must be nice to love where cars don't rust
smirk2.gif

This Mazda3 was only about 3 years old at the time:

[Linked Image]

Horseshot!

I live in the rust belt. That car is a decade old, minimum, and probably got parked on a saltwater beach for a week.

It's very easy to find a picture of a rusted car on the interwebs. Volkswagens, BMWs, lots of pictures out there.

It proves nothing.

Listen, I work for a Megacorp in NorthEast and every day we take a walk during the lunch hours. The only cars which have premature rusts in our parking lot have been Mazdas. They have earned their reputation for rusting out. Now that does NOT mean that they have not fixed that problem but we will know about it next decade.

Last edited:
Like a lot of things, if you look up this issue on a worldwide basis it's prevalent and mentioned often...how much of that is parroting others or defining actual numbers might be more difficult to tell. Personally, the only car I ever had that was bought new, meticulously maintained, and failed on me was a 2009 Mazda 3 but maybe because of that ( but also independent of that ) I don't put them in the Toyota / Honda camp of reliability. I don't doubt the Skyactiv vehicles are probably better, but this rust issue doesn't seem to go away even related to more recent cars.

There was a guy I worked with at the previous company I used to work for and he had a 626. It was over 400,000km (240K miles) and still running. The body was a bit rusted but otherwise everything was fine. I got to ride in it for a quick few minutes on the way back to our hotel from a trade show.

Originally Posted by bobdoo
Originally Posted by Linctex
Mazda is the modern-day Chevy Vega
mad.gif

What are you smoking? Mazdas are some of the most reliable cars made

Must be nice to love where cars don't rust
smirk2.gif

This Mazda3 was only about 3 years old at the time:

[Linked Image]

Horseshot!

I live in the rust belt. That car is a decade old, minimum, and probably got parked on a saltwater beach for a week.

That car is also from Quebec Canada...that province uses a ton of ice melt on their roads especially near Montreal & Quebec City etc.

On a positive note the Mazda 3 now comes with AWD in both the sedan and hatch with the 2.5L. I think its a great setup and would definitely consider buying one.

Last edited:
Early 2000's Mazda 3's did seem to rust quicker than other cars in the rust belt.

I had a 1993 323 hatch; had barely any rust at 10+ years and about 140k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back