Motive extractor (and similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at getting a Motive extractor, or something else similar, to pull trans fluid from my dip stick hole on my Silverado. It would also help with other stuff around the garage. It would be nice to change the fluid early and leave the pan drop/filter change for the manufacture recommended intervals.

I've sent a message to Motive and they haven't gotten back to me. How long is the dip stick hose that it comes with? Is this just something that I can make myself with hose from Home Depot if it isn't long enough?

Finally, is there something better that I could be using? I was looking at the Mighty Vac products too.

Originally Posted by Pelican
If they don't reply consider Mityvac 7201 about the same price and used by a lot of people with great results.

I think I like that one better! Just watched some youtube videos on it. Thanks!

You might consider the Trac 7 liter extractor. I bought mine off Amazon a couple of years ago and I'm pleased with it. It holds a vacuum well, and I can extract about 4 qts from my 4l60e each time in about 10 minutes. $40 on Amazon w prime shipping.

I got the OEM Tools 5.3 L extractor to drain the trans b/c on a GTO the trans pan doesn't have a drain plug. It came with several adapter hoses and worked awesome. I also bought the brake bleeding adapter and will never do brakes with out it. Of all the tools and equipment I've purchased, the extractor is probably one of the best purchases I've made. IMHO Motive stuff has gotten too expensive. I looked at Motive, OEM Tools, and several others when I was shopping for one, and OEM seem to offer the best bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back