No ethanol in Shell V Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although most folks know it, this sign confirms there is no ethanol in Shell V Power premium gasoline, or at least in Canada it doesn't. Also, here is the describing all the great attributes of the fuel. Enjoy
laugh.gif

41661C5B-EF1D-4746-BA5E-6826F03ED35C.jpeg

3482446E-B2BD-4C3E-A028-E9CD66C3353F.jpeg

Interesting. We have a lot of stations selling 91 E0 here as well. That sign also suggests that the midgrade is a blend of premium and regular, as it is at many (but not all) stations.

If the corn farmers keep at it, we'll be seeing E15 instead of E10 in the US soon.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
If the corn farmers keep at it, we'll be seeing E15 instead of E10 in the US soon.

unfortunately its already here in our state, kwik-trip has been selling that garbage for over a year or so.

There's a sprinkling of e15 here. Both my cars run the same and gets no noticeably worse mileage on it.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

There's a sprinkling of e15 here. Both my cars run the same and gets no noticeably worse mileage on it.

There is about 5% less BTUs per gallon of 15% ethanol gas vs regular gas. You may not notice it, but you will get 5% less miles out of a tank with E15.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder

unfortunately its already here in our state, kwik-trip has been selling that garbage for over a year or so.

Some of the QT's around here have it.

They have an E85 button,
an E15 button, (both are blue in color)
then the other 87/89/92 "E10" blends (yellow buttons)

Very, very, very, very rare to see E-0 pumps in Texas

VPower is 10% ethanol here like everything else.
E85 is almost unknown here, supposedly there is some place near Logan Airport where it can be found...not worth going to that horrible area for me.
I was interested in trying somewhat higher octanes than 93 to see if I could notice any difference...filled my car with 2/3 93 and 1/3 ~100 octane racing gas at one station and didn't feel anything better or worse. Expensive "experiment" as the racing gas was $10/gallon!
Got one fillup on 94 up near Montreal and my car did not run well on it going back to the US! That was disappointing...it wasn't anything serious, but you know how sometimes you fill up and things just don't feel quite right? I always figure it is probably water or maybe stale gas. Happened to me very consistently at a Mobil near an old job and stopped happened when I went to the Shell next door, 93 octane at both...and I much preferred Mobil at that time!

Yep, to say "No ethanol in Shell V Power" is only for that location and only for that particular station. Elsewhere it may be different. Here in southeastern Wisconsin all brands and all grades have EtOH including Shell V Power. Here you cannot purchase non-oxygenated fuel anywhere, not even at the Milwaukee marina.

There's got to be more to gas than ethanol content.

A trip to Nova Scotia found my Chevy 6 running quite lethargically. Every gas station sold "Bronze, silver and gold".
Gold didn't help.
It was the Canadian fuel as the Nova's performance returned instantly upon refueling in the States.

1) Canadians, please don't hate me.
2) This did happen back in the '90's

Casey's General Store is the only place around here to get E0 91 octane, but the catch is they're not Top Tier. So while it's better than nothing, when I use the E0 it's usually about $0.25/gal more expensive than E10 87, and I will either dose it with some Stabil 360 Marine and a couple times a year with either Techron, Gumout AIO, or Redline SI-1. I do notice about 4-6% improved mileage (usually 1.2-1.6mpg) which does not quite cover the quarter/gallon increase, but I like it anyways. I have to drive about 10 miles off my beaten path each way, so I basically burn 2/3 of a gallon just to go get it as well.

Here in Arkansas, all of the Murphy gas stations have Nonethanol available. If they are a stand alone, they tend to have 87 non ethanol and if they are attached to a walmart, they tend to have 91/premium nonethanol.

Yes, trapped in a E10 mandated area, so all grades are. If I drive 20 miles or so to a county that's outside the mandate zone, the only E0 fuels available are "Premium" level, which is fine. So when I'm in the area, I make sure to fill up.

Originally Posted by ofelas
https://www.pure-gas.org

Some of the stations are marine only, and a few are closed down/outdated, but the list is generally accurate & current.

Still suspicious. More than a few times I have drove to a station and it says the standard May Contain Up To 10% Ethanol which is pretty much any gasoline in the USA. Please note the OP is from Canada and does not seem to know this.

Not to mention, when these stations refuel their tanks in the ground, if their supplier is shipping out some freshly made E10 gas that day, which again is just about any pump gasoline in the country, then the lack of a sticker means diddly.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Yep, to say "No ethanol in Shell V Power" is only for that location and only for that particular station. Elsewhere it may be different. Here in southeastern Wisconsin all brands and all grades have EtOH including Shell V Power. Here you cannot purchase non-oxygenated fuel anywhere, not even at the Milwaukee marina.

I purchase E0 91 for my mower and snowblower at a Citgo station (search for K-Stop Citgo, mailling address is Hartford, but station is northeast of Hartford) just over the Dodge Co. border.

Living in Slinger, this station is only about 12-15 minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back