CV AXLE Factories

Originally Posted by zmelli
Originally Posted by researcher

I will try again but I believe they were all discontinued

here's the pdf I found that gives the part numbers to the remanufactured Honda (genuine) parts. I just pasted it into a search engine and found places that had a price, trying other part numbers it did say discontinued (for other other models, not accord). Just thought it would help.. here's the link to the pdf..

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/images/honda_reman_parts/honda_reman_drive_shafts.pdf

I ordered the Honda reman part number, I will know if I can still get it soon. Thanks because I could not find the numbers anymore.

hey I'm glad I could find that datasheet for ya. Let us know how it goes! you're welcome!
thumbsup2.gif

Occasionally I will haul gears and components made in China from a warehouse outside Chicago called Wan Xiang America to a finishing operation in Nebraska called Neapco Components. Those CV axles, hubs, and other components are then transported back to Bellevue, MI to a central distribution warehouse, also run by Neapco Components, that supplies several OEM's, including the "big three" and some foreign makes. It would not shock me if they are also making components that get re-branded by the aftermarket folks.

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
Occasionally I will haul gears and components made in China from a warehouse outside Chicago called Wan Xiang America to a finishing operation in Nebraska called Neapco Components. Those CV axles, hubs, and other components are then transported back to Bellevue, MI to a central distribution warehouse, also run by Neapco Components, that supplies several OEM's, including the "big three" and some foreign makes. It would not shock me if they are also making components that get re-branded by the aftermarket folks.

hey thanks for that inside info!
11.gif

This is the kind of stuff you could never find out about except for a forum, so they're using Chinese parts assembling them here. interesting..

http://wanxiang.com/cars/index.html Maybe Trump can "Make America Parts Again"

Last edited:

If they are supplying the Detroit 3, something tells me GM using Chinese axles on their "global" platform cars to save money and have a more efficient supplier base. I know the Chinese did buy out Saginaw Gear.

I know American-made Toyotas and Hondas use GKN axles(and if you order OEM boot kits, they sometimes ask if the car was US/Canadian or Japanese made), while Japanese-made ones can use NTN or Toyoda(JTEKT) axles.

Got the Honda part! Looks new not remanufactured. I love it! NOK boots, made in USA.

IMG_20190516_170241288.jpg

IMG_20190516_170227825.jpg

IMG_20190516_165929233.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Honda part! Looks new not remanufactured. I love it! NOK boots, made in USA.

hey zmelli! thanks for the update and you're welcome!
thumbsup2.gif
glad I could find those honda part numbers for ya!

And yep, that looks like a great re-man axle! probably won't have any trouble with it!
01.gif

EDIT: that's just like raxles, they only keep the shafts, everything else IS new, looks like Honda does the same!

Last edited:

That looks good
thumbsup2.gif

01.gif

Honda remans actually look like they're done right, legit rebuilding process, OE components used. Glad to see they don't use Cardone!

Many "OEM" rebuilds are outsourced to Cardone
mad.gif

Originally Posted by researcher

hey zmelli! thanks for the update and you're welcome!
thumbsup2.gif
glad I could find those honda part numbers for ya!

And yep, that looks like a great re-man axle! probably won't have any trouble with it!
01.gif

EDIT: that's just like raxles, they only keep the shafts, everything else IS new, looks like Honda does the same!

Thanks again, installed it this weekend, smooth , no issues. I phoned a Honda service advisor before posting here and was told that the axle was discontinued. They would just source a axle locally from an auto parts store. I dont think Honda Dealers know these parts are still in the system. I did find a right Honda axle on ebay three years ago, and thought that was the last one in the country. Something to consider if you buy a used car, check the axles!

Using a quality boot is super important for longevity, unfortunately almost all of the rebuilders/boot kits use neoprene or silicone which is inferior to the thermoplastic that all OE's use. Don't know why thermoplastic boots are so hard to get a hold of.

Using a quality boot is super important for longevity, unfortunately almost all of the rebuilders/boot kits use neoprene or silicone which is inferior to the thermoplastic that all OE's use. Don't know why thermoplastic boots are so hard to get a hold of.
Try the manufacturer. I was surprised that Mercedes sold a boot kit for about $40 and that included a new bolt.

Try the manufacturer. I was surprised that Mercedes sold a boot kit for about $40 and that included a new bolt.

True that. However in the case of my Toyota 4Runner, the OE boot kit cost more than an aftermarket axle with lifetime warranty!

But my application is a bit unique. I lifted the front suspension by 2.5" and found that I could never get more than 2-3 years out of neoprene boots before they started cracking and failed. I then found Rockford CV who uses thermoplastic, but they don't make a boot for my vehicle so instead I went through their entire catalogue manually to find a boot with similar dimensions. Could only find a thermoplastic replacement for the outer joint, my inner is still using a neoprene boot. Also installed a differential drop to bring the angles back closer to stock. Fingers crossed to see how well this new setup holds.

True that. However in the case of my Toyota 4Runner, the OE boot kit cost more than an aftermarket axle with lifetime warranty!
While that may be true, in my case the aftermarket axle I bought was $100 and the OEM was about a thousand. The aftermarket one was junk, caused a vibration I could feel immediately after installation. Luckily I saved the original axle and got the boot kit and replaced the aftermarket one. Doesn't matter how cheap the aftermarket one is if it's junk.

Back