Info on Mobil1 M108A Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Mobil1 tech support email the M108A uses a silicone ADBV and the bypass pressure setting is 15psi. I know Subi's like a higher pressure then that but is there any reason that would be inadequate for the G37/370z?

Nissan's OEM (Gonher) are no higher than you run-of-the-mill mid-range filters. In fact, I think anything on M1 EP price rage are better made.

On my Versa I use the M108-A.
It seems to be Nissan's universal measure. No issues yet. I have noticed the Early Second Gen M1 EP Filters (black can) were better built than the ones sold on late 2018-early 2019.

Last edited:
Use the longer M1-110A if it will fit
smile.gif

I know the Fram 7317 is the larger version of the 6607, which is spec'd for my wife's Mazda. Is the M1-110A the same deal - same specs as the M1-108A, which is also spec'd for the Mazda?

Originally Posted by JerryBob
I know the Fram 7317 is the larger version of the 6607, which is spec'd for my wife's Mazda. Is the M1-110A the same deal - same specs as the M1-108A, which is also spec'd for the Mazda?

correct

And the Wix part number is 57356

I agree the larger filter from FRAM, Mobil1, WIX ect is a good option on the VQ37, and it fits fine on the 370Z/ RWD G37 but unfortunately I know from past experience it will not on the X sedan I have. I'm going run the M108A with Mobil1 5w-30 Extended Performance for 1 year but only 7500-8000 miles of 50% or more highway at most, it should have enough capacity for that. Changing the oil next weekend probably, will update in a month or two on how it worked out.

Originally Posted by bbhero
What's the problem in regards to a sedan??

I suspect the problem is not with the sedan body but rather with the X model's AWD drivetrain.

Of course that's understood....

If it is the same motor in a two door coupe 3.7 L motor like a G37 or say like my car the 3.5 VQ it should not matter.... The clearance issue is not there with either a 2 door coupe or a 4 door sedan.... With the same exact motor and transmission in either of them... It should not matter in all likelihood. Unless there's a real difference. An example should be like my VQ 3.5 L motor and Garak has a G37... We can both use the longer 57356 or the shorter 51358.... Or the 7317 longer vs the 6607 shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back