What color has the majority of your vehicles been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looked at my history, and it was gold, brown, red, red, maroon, red, black, blue, black, blue, silver, red, black, green, brown, tan, blue.

So red is the most common, but not by choice. Just happened that the vehicle I bought was red.
I have only had one vehicle purchase (2001 Ram 1500) that I had a color choice with, I wanted the electric blue, but the wife convinced me I wanted the black instead (and really liked the black when clean, but a pain otherwise).

Blue I think.

Let's see...brown, blue, blue, silver, blue, blue, white, blue, deep reddish ok it was brown, brown, brown, gray, green, silver, blue

So that's:

6 Blue
4 Brown
2 Silver
1 White
1 Gray
1 Green

Usually a darker color. Dark silver, dark brown, a few blacks. However living in South Texas again, no more dark colors for me. The last vehicle I purchased three months ago was a pearl white Murano. Wife and I were at the dealership on a Sunday (closed), and a white one and a dark blue one were parked next to each other. I put my hand on each one's hood on a sunny day. The white very cool. The blue burning hot!

Silver - trucks
White - mustang and Audi
Black - Genesis, Porsche, GTX
And reddish something older Genesis

Silver is my favorite usually even though I hate it's so popular

2 White and a Blue. Would someday like to paint my current white Vic which has a failing Maaco job. Either go back to the factory Arizona Beige (AQ) or some titanium or gunmetal grey color.

Most have been dark red / maroon... for the exception of one purple, one dark blue, one silver, one gold, one light blue, and one yellow..

all over the place..
Cayman Green (that ubiquitous late 90's ford teal-ish) - still one of my favorite car colors... I have several spray cans of duplicolor touch up from when they went on clearance... might do a mailbox in it at some point...
White
Driftwood Metallic (that ubiquitous champagne gold old lady color)
White
Mineral Gray Metallic(dodge gunmetal-ish gray)
Cinnamon Metallic - I called it maroon/burgundy, some saw it more of a brown, my dad called it purple, one guy said it looked like Rootbeer...
Ruby Red Metallic

can you tell color is the least of my concerns when shopping?
now my dad... has driven almost nothing but silver cars since they phased out brown in the 80s...(traded in a Brown Aspen, on a Silver '85 Omni)

Last edited:
I've had almost every color (3 or 4 red, couple greens, silver,brown, one black, one white two greyish).

One color that always seems to get away from me is blue (aside from the "in your face" colors like yellow, orange etc)
I've never had anything in any shade of it.
I suppose it's just not a color I am drawn towards.

Never had a yellow car.

My history of saturns gave me pretty much every other color though.

This guy showed up, a hot mess:

[Linked Image]

Well, okay, I should pick something:

[Linked Image]

Hey, it's cheerful! Only time I ever picked what color my car was going to be.
lol.gif

I hardley remember anymore!
smirk.gif

I've had a lot of some kind of blue(s) & green(s) & metallic reds/plain reds of some sort along with plain whites.
I can tell you what I prefer today...

...lighter paint colors that look more expensive than they are with interiors to match. e.g., Platinum/Titanium/Pewter paints (that gold/silver color mix) but no plain gold. And I like Pearl White as well.

All colors that are matched with some sort of tan/beige/cocoa interior mix. I prefer these combinations as they clean up easily and look that little bit more expensive than the vehicle may actually cost.

Mostly white over the years. Have owned one yellow car, and still own it a 79 510 Datsun.

Originally Posted by BigD1
Mostly white over the years. Have owned one yellow car, and still own it a 79 510 Datsun.

My parents had a 1977? Datsun King Cab pickup that was yellow...they nicknamed it "Mellow Yellow." Back then yellow wasn't an uncommon color though, lots of off/pastel yellow regular cars, lots of yellow performance cars, and plenty of tu-tone yellow and white/brown/silver/etc. light trucks.

I have had many colors. The Corvette is Victory Red which is bright red. The F-150 is white. The Jeep is black and the Honda is brown.
White is probably my most common color.

I've had yellow, blue, brown, beige, red, gray but the majority have been white.

The 4 cars below, in chronological order: light blue, "gold," beige, and dark blue (which I don't like because it's hot!).

My parents within my lifetime had, including 2 pickups, dark green, light blue, dark blue, light green, tan, green, goldish tan, blue, blue-green, blue, maroon, white, and white.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Monochromatic mania is still in full force on dealer lots. Vast majority of new vehicles are white, grey, silver or black. BTW, thats not due to popularity. The jewel tones, blue, red, burgandy, bronze, green, etc all use higher cost paint pigments. Manufactures save money by slapping white paint on new vehicles.

This is true. That plus the use of water based paints makes longevity of finish a thing of the past. I see lots of cars as young as 5 years already with UV degradation.

Low end, high end cars, doesn't matter. They all suffer.

Last edited:
Some version of metallic gray or metallic blue.

The gray just makes sense, it hides road grime and eventually the black trim will end up gray so it matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back