Tire pressure help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CapriRacer
NOTE: The pressure indicated on the tire sidewall is the maximum allowed in the tire, irrespective of the vehicle. Follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations for inflation pressure found on the vehicle tire placard, certification label or in the owner's manual.

100% agree with you here ... related question; are WHEEL loads evaluated by anyone other than their manufacturers? My older (2008) F-150 has OE wheels rated 2100 lb. Other OE fitments range from 1875 through 2100 (ignoring the 7 lug at 2400 used with their HDPP).

Ford is the only vehicle manufacturer I've seen publish OE wheel ratings, but have not looked a lot; I've seen lots of "will-fit" offerings that scare me ... are there standards?

Originally Posted by das_peikko
My reliable source says 65 PSI with the truck empty and 75 PSI with the truck loaded down.

You guys need to remember that these are 10 ply tires. Not your average passenger car tire.

They were not meant for a soft ride from the get-go.

Reliable source apparently sells tires ... because THIS is what happens when you grossly over inflate lightly loaded truck tires.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back