Hankook Tires- Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a fan of Hankook tires for a while now. Quiet, well performing and long wearing for me. Hankook is based in South Korea, but has global production facilities and distribution worldwide. I had read a few years ago about them building a plant in Tennessee. I was pleased to note that the new tires I bought for my wife's car proudly wear a Made In USA label. Not sure if all sizes are now made here for US distribution. Maybe someone here knows more?

Yes, Hankook opened up their TN factory a few years ago. Around the same time, Kumho started tire production in Macon, GA. Giti has a factory in SC.

Hankook is like virtually any other tire maker. They have some good tires and some bad ones.

My friend's brand new Ranger has Hankooks on it, as do many new cars.

But I have difficulty remembering them well after my experience with Ventus V12 summer tires on my sig car. Fastest wearing set ever, and poor performers, too. Really unique only one way: the largest change in performance from new to worn of any tire I have ever owned.

The Hankook OE tires on my Focus were really good. Wish I could say the same about the Hankook I Pikes I bought
Definitely not US made either way

I put a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 (235/55/17) on my Escape and they are USA made. I like them.

Last edited:
Yea I believe all the new 737 tires are US made. They are a good tire at a good price as well. Just got 2 of those for my inlaws G37x.

I have a factory set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 on my Explorer. Fastest wearing tires I have ever had. They handle well in dry and wet conditions and are quiet, but, at 6k miles, they are already worn down to 7/32 all around.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Hankook is like virtually any other tire maker. They have some good tires and some bad ones.

My friend's brand new Ranger has Hankooks on it, as do many new cars.

But I have difficulty remembering them well after my experience with Ventus V12 summer tires on my sig car. Fastest wearing set ever, and poor performers, too. Really unique only one way: the largest change in performance from new to worn of any tire I have ever owned.

After experience with their winter tires, never again.
Got new Kumho's on used VW CC. Probably by far the worst set of tires I had in the last two decades.

Yeah tire manufacturers are funny.

My last truck, a heavy dodge diesel 4x4 2500, I put 2 sets of Hankook ATMs on it. They were great tires. Did everything really well and lasted very long.

My current truck, a f150, came with this same tire, though different size and load rating. And I dislike them alot. Crappy in snow, getting noisy already at 20k miles.

Funny how that is.

Meh, I really liked the Hankook Dynapro AT-M tires I had on my Suburban before I sold it. I don't much like the Hankook Dynapro HTs on the Escape. Seems Hankook is inconsistent.

Had bad luck with Cum-Ho's in the past. I swore off any tire with a Asian sounding name. Maybe Hankook should call the USA made ones something American sounding?

Originally Posted by dogememe
Meh, I really liked the Hankook Dynapro AT-M tires I had on my Suburban before I sold it. I don't much like the Hankook Dynapro HTs on the Escape. Seems Hankook is inconsistent.

I had the Dynapro AT-M tires on my old Nissan Frontier and I LOVED them. Very good traction and surprisingly quiet on the road. The tread ware was also really good too!

I have Hankook Optimo H725's on the Corolla now for 21,000 miles now. I have worn off 2/32's of tread in that time. I rotate them every 5K. Seem to be doing well to me.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I have Hankook Optimo H725's on the Corolla now for 21,000 miles now. I have worn off 2/32's of tread in that time. I rotate them every 5K. Seem to be doing well to me.

Kumho I had pretty much did not wear off at all in 15k, but:
- at 12k three our of four could not be balanced anymore.
- during rain prayer worked better during braking than tires transferring brake force to the surface. It was something like skiing without going to ski slopes.

Hankook website shows country of origin for each model. Last year I bought Dyna Pro HT's for my pickup but sold the truck 4 months later. They were made in Korea. Last month I bought Kinergy PT's made in USA. Quiet. Kinergy ST's made in Korea. The rebate arrived in 3 weeks. Official tire of MLB. Times have changed.

Originally Posted by CT8
What is an official tire of the MLB?

Hankook pays Major League Baseball $$$ , so that they can say they are the OFFICIAL tire of Major League Baseball. Just marketing ...

Originally Posted by K20FA5
Originally Posted by dogememe

I had the Dynapro AT-M tires on my old Nissan Frontier and I LOVED them. Very good traction and surprisingly quiet on the road. The tread ware was also really good too!

Yeah, I have to say the Dynapro AT-Ms were my favorite tires ever. And the treadwear on the HTs on the Escape is good. They have like 30K on them and have plenty of life left... and I've never rotated them. But the traction is just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back