Lucas Low Viscosity Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on another forum mentioned this product. I guess it is "all new" and is designed for "modern" engines that use a lower viscosity engine oil. Lucas claims their product will not increase your oil's viscosity but the data sheet's numbers make me skeptical. The data sheet does indicate some synthetic content but it is minimal.

Product webpage: https://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/low-viscosity-stabilizer

PDS: https://lucasoil.com/pdf/TDS_Low_Viscosity_Stabilizer.pdf

MSDS: https://lucasoil.com/pdf/SDS_Low_Viscosity_Stabilizer.pdf

I guess they might have been reading here and decided thickening oil isn't always the way to go, so now they have all bases covered.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
"Tighter tolerances." Every time I read or hear that I gag.

Agree. "Tighter tolerances" to me means taking your part tolerances from say +/- .0003 to +/- .00015; what they apparently mean (and no one that took part in that PDS or advertisement has the technical aptitude to understand) is tighter clearances.

Originally Posted by Miller88
So now Lucas offers thinner , detergentlesss oil to dilute your thin oil?

Nailed it.

I have never used or even heard of an oil that had a need to be "stabilized". Just use a quality oil conventional or synthetic and change it per the OM and that is 95% of the battle. Most vehicle engines will easily go 300k by just doing that and the body part will fail long before the engine does. Lucas has always pushed the "Keep that engine alive". on every bottle. Like somehow unless you dump Lucas in the oil . It would DIE from being unstable. LOL! The Lucas wheel toy is kind of a nice fidget spinner though. Most people give it a few spins when waiting in line at auto part stores.

I love the PDS... It claims the "low viscosity" fluid is "medium viscosity" oh Lucas why do you suck so much!

A sucker is born every minute.

Originally Posted by BJD78
I have never used or even heard of an oil that had a need to be "stabilized".
The Lucas wheel toy is kind of a nice fidget spinner though.
Most people give it a few spins when waiting in line at auto part stores.

Marketing
Marketing
Marketing
Marketing

Enough so ... that they were able to "buy" their name onto a major sports venue

Well good for them, it means they gave the NFL lots of money, nothing more.U of Phoenix has a stadium with their name on it as well and it's not even a real university and most of their credits are worthless, so anything is possible. Lucas got no money from me that's for sure, as I don't buy that grass fed organic snake oil they sell. My oil has always been 100% stable and I only use the conventional stuff. I have never heard of a synthetic oil being unstable either. But apparently Lucas thinks all oil needs stablilizing and apparently they have convinced millions that if they want to "keep that engine alive" they must use Lucas stabilizer or their engine will DIE! LOL!!

Originally Posted by BJD78
Well good for them, it means they gave the NFL lots of money, nothing more.U of Phoenix has a stadium with their name on it as well and it's not even a real university and most of their credits are worthless, so anything is possible. Lucas got no money from me that's for sure, as I don't buy that grass fed organic snake oil they sell. My oil has always been 100% stable and I only use the conventional stuff. I have never heard of a synthetic oil being unstable either. But apparently Lucas thinks all oil needs stablilizing and apparently they have convinced millions that if they want to "keep that engine alive" they must use Lucas stabilizer or their engine will DIE! LOL!!

Thanks for your Input

in my mind, it's doubtful this product would reduce friction any better than a good synthetic 5w-30 motor oil of today.

the sds does not list all the ingredients, so what polymer is LO using?
are there any tests? until then I won't use this.

Why doesn't Lucas come back and discuss their products any more? I believe they were here at one time.....

Originally Posted by MolaKule
A low Viscosity fluid but it has a 100C viscosity of a 40 grade?

Mola, they mean low viscosity by Lucas standards, which are a little different.
wink.gif

...‚...‚...‚👆

I've poured concrete faster than their regular oil stabilizer. STP is another one like that.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see LiquiMoly do a heads up to Lucas and embarrass them. Use a good oil like Redline,M1,Sopus,Amsoil,etc and your daily driver wont need to stabilize their oil. If Lucas offered a comparable product to Lubegard Biotech, Molygen or Archoil I could see the track guys using it. I used to use the HyperLube JoJoba oil stabilizer in my old Toyota Tacoma in the oil and rear end.Bought all BigLots had at 2.00.Their Zinc additive works. Now even Seafoam is making a Lucas style fuel additive. Kerosene in a bottle. Works great...in neglected rifle barrels and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back