Fram Ultra XG11665 Pentastar v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4,000 miles on this filter, mostly short 10 mile trips. Lots of crud caught by it? No rips, tears, or broken plastic cages.

1A57D2D7-705A-45DA-BA8E-691682C7C961.jpeg

6BCE1B7B-9C4A-4165-B8DA-51C8E9E16141.jpeg

0168F3F5-5F86-4984-9A62-E6EDDF81DF83.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

What kind of oil did you use? And what did you replace it with? Did you get any Napa Platinums during last month's sale?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

What kind of oil did you use? And what did you replace it with? Did you get any Napa Platinums during last month's sale?

No problem!

Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 came out, Havoline Pro DS 0w20 and a Mopar MO-349 filter went in. Ran ~4,000 miles on it. First impressions, not that it means anything, but the engine seems to be running quieter now.

I totally missed the sale for those filters! But the car is short tripped, I'll put less than 7500 miles on it in a year. going to go to a 3,000 mile OCI and run get a UOA. Adjust from there

Last edited:
Looks better than the one I took out at 6800 miles. There were no rips or tears or anything but it was quite a bit more wavy than that. I saw Wix had an XP version for it on Rock Auto and bought it hoping it was not made in china like Amsoil's is (could not pay $18 dollars for a filter made in china when Fram Ultra is less than $10 on Rock Auto). To my surprise it says USA on the filter and while I put another Fram Ultra back in it (because I had one and the Wix was not ordered when I did so) I plan to use the Wix XP version from here on out since the media is wire backed.

Originally Posted by postjeeprcr
I put another Fram Ultra back in it (because I had one and the Wix was not ordered when I did so) I plan to use the Wix XP version from here on out since the media is wire backed.

Isn't this Ultra cartridge model also wire backed?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by postjeeprcr
I put another Fram Ultra back in it (because I had one and the Wix was not ordered when I did so) I plan to use the Wix XP version from here on out since the media is wire backed.

Isn't this Ultra cartridge model also wire backed?

The Pentastar's Ultra uses a clear plastic mesh backing. A few other recent Ultra cartridges have the same plastic mesh. All the plastic mesh Ultras are made in Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back