Sinclair Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are Top Tier certified, haven't ever used it as they aren't around my parts but I've seen lots of them in my travels.

When I was a kid they had "Dino the dinosaur" as their mascot. I ordered a inflatable pool toy of Dino. Have not heard about Sinclair in 50 years in northeast.

Back in the mid 60s as a hs kid I worked at a Sinclair station in Cleveland Oh.
Of course this was before self-serve gas, we checked under the hood, most sales were cash, roughly 4 gallons per dollar, and we gave S&H green stamps too.
Interesting that the brand is around.

Sinclair is making somewhat of a revival around here. They are upgrading some older stations and putting a small dinosaur on their property. They have been Top Tier for a couple of years (maybe longer).

Originally Posted by Donald
When I was a kid they had "Dino the dinosaur" as their mascot. I ordered a inflatable pool toy of Dino. Have not heard about Sinclair in 50 years in northeast.

They had a green dinosaur at the one here. People kept tagging it with paint so they took him away.

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
I have seen one while cruising Columbia River Gorge, I will have to stop by.

Yes, starting to see them East of Hood River...passed several off of I-84 on my way to Wyoming last July. They're all over Idaho, Utah, Wyoming as well, I just never managed to stop at one since I'm used to buying Chevron and 76/Unocal/66 stations.

Never seen one...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Donald

They had a green dinosaur at the one here. People kept tagging it with paint so they took him away.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Wow....I hate graffiti vandals!

Sinclair is basically all I've used for decades here in the Midwest.

Not hard to find stations across Nebraska and Wyoming; lesser numbers in Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri.

Great fuel and if you get one of their credit cards many stations roll back the price at least a nickel a gallon. I frequent a couple that roll back ten cents/gallon and another fifteen cents.

After the 1964 Worlds Fair and Sinclair's Dinoland, and the brand change of a local gas station in Brooklyn......I assumed they went out of business.

Used to be many of them around here in Lincoln Ne .Now only about 2-3 of them left. 1 still has the little dinosaur out front. They are pretty far away from my area of town so I have not been to a Sinclair station in years in at least 15 years, Back in the 80's and 90's there were a lot more of them but Casey's bought out several of them when they were expanding to many locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back