a Mazda Testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
a randomly picked YT video; some of you may not be so surprised by it
grin.gif

I'm on my 3rd Mazda now. First one is a 2007 Mazda6, 5sp manual with just under 200k miles. Other than normal wear items, at 110k, it needed an O2 sensor. I had a 2009 Mazda6 6sp manual and after 5 years, it had 65k miles but was hit on the street and totaled. Great car while I had it! Now I have an infant... 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback Touring, 6sp automatic with only 8k miles. Absolutely love everything about it. I wasn't sure if I'd be OK with an automatic but, turns-out I absolutely love it. It's not a CVT and the shift points (up and down) really feel good.

Prior to this, I've had nothing but new Toyota's since 1981 (still have a 2011 Tacoma).

IMO. Mazda is now on-par with Toyota quality. They cost a little less up-front but have a slightly lower resale value.

Ray

Mazda is the modern-day Chevy Vega
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 2strokeNorthstar
Miatas will be around after the apocalypse. They are one of the few 1990s cars on the road in significant numbers.

You're in California where cars don't rust
smirk2.gif

Pretty neat. My 2011 Mazda 6 has been problem free so far at 122k miles. Great cars.

OP, how has your 08 Mazda6 been?

Last edited:
My Mazda (listed below)was still running as well as ever at 600k miles. It had all the usual routine repairs and replacements, but only three biggies: noisy bearings replaced in the transmission at ~360k, a head transplant (due to erosion of coolant passages, not wear) at ~476k and one clutch job (due to oil, not wear) at ~345k. Still had the original PCV valve, original timing chain, and most original wheel bearings at the end.

My nephew's 1997 626 had a lot of troubles, but may have been abused before he got it, as well as after.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
mad.gif

Vega, ha. The #1 worst car ever made, IMO. Mazdas don't hold a candle. The engine was burning oil and had lost compression before it had a chance to rust. I'd rather have a Yugo. I'm pretty sure it was faster and would definitely last longer.

That 1st generation of Mazda 3 hates winter salt. Something about the primer / paint being different. Around here, RUST kills them before mechanical failures. 10 years, give or take, and they get scrapped.

Always liked the styling though ...

Originally Posted by 2strokeNorthstar
Miatas will be around after the apocalypse. They are one of the few 1990s cars on the road in significant numbers.

Spec Miata and other racing series have taken the toll on that market though. It's hard in this area to find a decent used one these days. Wish I hadn't sold mine.

mad.gif

What are you smoking? Mazdas are some of the most reliable cars made

I'm on my second Mazda, another CX5. My first one made it to 106K miles when the HPFP went out, and I decided to trade it in vs. spending $1200 for that and other minor things, as I never really fell in love with it (2015 Touring base model)

Originally Posted by Linctex
mad.gif

What are you smoking? Mazdas are some of the most reliable cars made

Must be nice to love where cars don't rust
smirk2.gif

This Mazda3 was only about 3 years old at the time:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by GMFan
Pretty neat. My 2011 Mazda 6 has been problem free so far at 122k miles. Great cars.

OP, how has your 08 Mazda6 been?

I'm very happy with mine; I am the second owner and replaced some parts but everything in amount $1K and less; namely two o2 sensors, one fuel injector and the fuel pump; in addition I have had a moderate rear car accident recently but I fixed on my own; so all major parts such as engine, transmission, paint, AC, alternator, starter, catalytic converter etc, they all are original parts on it; extremely quite and smooth to this day thus I'm very happy with my Mazda too!

I remember when Mazda made big push in Europe with 626. It was big hit. What owners truly appreciated was that after 3-4 years car was faster than when new. As it was aging it was loosing so much weight due to the rust that it was genuinely improving performance. They actually never addressed fully that issue.
I had Millenia when I moved to the US. Bought it with 146k, sold it with some 250k. Nice engine and transmission (they were Made in japan, as 626 in US had issue with Ford derived transmission), but although car was 8 years old when I sold it, and spent all its life in the South, it started to show some seriously concerning rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back