Installed new Grohe bathroom faucet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays project after work was replacing the faucet in our master bath. The previous faucet was an older model Delta, not sure what year as we purchased our home (a 1959 ranch) a year and a half ago. The Delta developed a slow leak about 2-3 weeks ago, so I figured replacement would be a good option since the style was a bit dated.

I had planned on replacing it with a Moen unit as I have had good experience with that brand, but upon looking we didn't find a fixure in Moens line of bathroom sink faucets that we loved. I came across a Grohe model that looked nice, and felt even nicer. I remember reading that Grohe was a good brand with quality construction, I have to agree! The handles feel significantly more solid than other brands we tried. Also, the model we purchased is constructed of all metal.

Hopefully it will serve us well for many years to come.

Old Delta, new flexible lines and new Grohe Gloucester

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

Yes, looks very nice. How hard was it to get the old one out? Did you use of those plumbers' wrenches like this? I always struggle to get the old ones out. Good move to use the braided line. The solid copper is very difficult to work with in my experience.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Less than impressed with the beautiful brushed stainless Moen Darby model. I wonder how long the push fit connections will last? Did the new Grohe weigh less than the old Delta? Copper is too expensive to be used for plumbing these days.
grin2.gif

I have found Moen to be very plasticy and honestly, have not had good experiences with them.

I much prefer Ikeas offerings. They are heavy brass and the chrome holds up well. They also cost much less.

I do some work in a private school, so bathroom stuff gets heavy use. Anything that lasts 10 years must be good.

That old one sure is classy and in amazing condition. That has to be 25 years old, minimum and it looks brand new. That Delta script is sweet!

It must be nostalgia, I remember those crystal ball faucets from when I was a kid in the 90s.

What is that huge, flat (uncluttered) horizontal surface surrounding the sink? I haven't seen that in years, LOL. Nice install gregk24.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
That old one sure is classy and in amazing condition. That has to be 25 years old, minimum and it looks brand new. That Delta script is sweet!

It must be nostalgia, I remember those crystal ball faucets from when I was a kid in the 90s.

Yes, besides the drip it was otherwise in decent shape. A little pitting in the chrome, but nothing major.

My parents house was built in the 90's and still has these "crystal ball" Delta fixtures in the bathrooms.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
What is that huge, flat (uncluttered) horizontal surface surrounding the sink? I haven't seen that in years, LOL. Nice install gregk24.

Are you referring to the countertop? lol.

Originally Posted by andyd
Less than impressed with the beautiful brushed stainless Moen Darby model. I wonder how long the push fit connections will last? Did the new Grohe weigh less than the old Delta? Copper is too expensive to be used for plumbing these days.
grin2.gif

We have a Moen pull down in our kitchen that I installed a couple months back, we love it so far.

The Grohe felt very similar in weight compared to the old Delta. The Grohe is solid metal construction.

That Delta is from the 90s as we had the same one. We replaced ours with a Moen, then now with a Grohe, German, lifetime guarantee. I've gotten terrific support from Delta and Moen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back