Extension hose for vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious, how do you vacuum the car interior. I usually use a vacuum at the gas station but it can not reach the nooks and crannies. The handheld vacuum I got is a joke (and it is best rated on amazon). I was considering getting a hose extension for our upright vacuum and use it.

There are many hoses on Amazon. Does anybody have a recommendation (on amazon or other places) if they use any? I don't trust amazon reviews anymore.

shop vac.

if its just light stuff (like grass clippings)

I use the m12 vacuum.

Last edited:
Get yourself a Shop Vac aka Wet & Dry vac. Home Depot sells Rigid which are good. There are attachments to make the particular task easier.
I like the brush attachment and the crevice tool when cleaning a vehicle.

Get you a Mr. Nozzle kit. Heavy duty commercial car wash quality. Way better quality than what the vacuum manufacturers offer.

[Linked Image]

+1 on a shop vac (I used a 5 gallon Ridgid) a very usefull tool. Plus if you suck up something you shouldn't, it's easy to get it back.

Forget the Shop Vac brand, they are for neophytes.

I have never seen a broken Rigid vacuum and have abused them for years. I think the four gallon model is a nice size, the uprights are just too massive for my liking.

That Mr. Nozzle kit looks sweet, I'll have to look into that.

How many variants Shop-vac has??

@skyactive, how many HP model I should NOT get?

@das_peikko, that is definitely interesting. I will see if it will work with my upright Hoover. Space is a prized commodity for an apt dweller.

+1 on Ridgid vac

I have the one from Home Depot that comes with a car kit (14 gal 6 HP) that is always on sale for $100. The vac is plenty strong for home uses and cleaning cars. At first I thought the car kit was flimsy and useless. However, after about 5 years of cleaning 2 cars once or twice per month, I realize it is good enough for the home user. And you can always add more attachments for tight places. Or the Mr. Nozzle kit if you insist on heavy duty.

For nooks and crannies you need the "crevice tool". I use the shopvac version of that and a 4 inch wide aluminum electrolux tool that is probably pre-WWII. Much better than the shopvac version, which is too large, and designed to suck up water from concrete, not dirt from carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back