Our 2010 Honda Element SC, 187k miles, after a bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

I maintain of our Element like I do our BMWs, but the Honda gets most of the mileage. Notice, 187k miles. We bought it new. I keep it clean and well maintained like all our other cars. Even the Element gets yearly brake flush/bleeds, regular drive train and power steering maintenance, etc. You knew the drill. Even given the quick accumulation of highway miles, it's always been on 5k OCIs, including filter change. Even at 187k it loses no more than 1/4 quart per 5k OCI. Transmission is perfect. Amazing.

Anyway, I think the the Element looks pretty good given its miles! It really has been a great car. We bought it new, I done everything to it, literally, except air bag recall and emission certs. It's been flawless except while under warranty the stereo head unit quit and it needed a new starter. Both under warranty at around 35k miles. Aside from that this vehicle has needed nothing - literally nothing except for new brakes and serpentine belt at 130k and regularly scheduled, routine maintenance. I am confident this vehicle, as you see it here will go 300k miles without a single issue going wrong with it between now and then. I honestly believe it's really that reliable. It's an impressive piece of machinery.

Almost forgot. This was after an afternoon bath in the shade. Just a wash, not a detail aside from 303 tire dressing. Black paint. Not bad, eh?

Scott

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

Very nice. That is a solid Honda drivetrain. I am most impressed with the paint, Honda paint in general isn't great...black Honda paint is on a whole other level. Good job!

Looks great. Just goes to show that a little attention to a vehicle can keep it looking new forever. It always amazes me how beat up our customers cars can be at 75-80k, yet my golf has 200 and still looks new like the Pilot.

Originally Posted by Audios
Looks great. Just goes to show that a little attention to a vehicle can keep it looking new forever. It always amazes me how beat up our customers cars can be at 75-80k, yet my golf has 200 and still looks new like the Pilot.

People beat up their cars very quickly and if you think some of them look rough on the outside, chances are the inside is a lot worse, and let's not mention maintenance.

They have money for their new smartphones and will spend more on screen protectors, expensive covers, protection plans to protect their "investment" but do not care about their vehicle. Quite a fascinating paradigm.

That's one sexy Element! I love seeing older vehicles that are well-taken care of.

Nice detail! Looks great! When the weather gets better I will detail my own.

I have a 2003 EX with a manual transmission. People either love these cars or hate them, no in between. Mine has been bullet proof also. I have only needed to replace things that I consider maintenance items-sway bar links, an O2 sensor, serpentine belt, an exhaust donut, sway bar rubber bushings and other normal maintenance items. It has been the most trouble free auto I have ever owned. It has decent power, great functionality, and an incredible amount of headroom and legroom, I am 6'4". Doesn't get great gas mileage but I can live with 22 MPG. I bought the Element mid year 2004 new as a left over model. Considering the $16,400 cost of purchase, I consider it to have been the best value vehicle purchase I have made. I will drive it until it can drive no more and would buy another new without question if they were still in production, but they are not.

Good luck on your quest to 300K!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back