Firefox Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may notice most of the extensions have been disabled with the message to look for a replacement or remove. Do nothing, it is a signing fault at their end causing FF to believe these are all unsigned. For the time being I am using Opera browser as in FF the ad blocker is disabled.

Thank you Trav for the information. You have saved me a great deal of frustration!

Have a great weekend!

Thanks. My Adblock plus is down. For the first time in years I had ads leading into YouTube videos, AOL ads, and other strange things. Apparently this first showed up last night around 9 PM EST.

May i recommend the Brave Browser. its by the person fired from Firefox because of his private political donations. I don't recommend Opera as its browser turbo mode kept routing me thru a server in China.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Thanks. My Adblock plus is down. For the first time in years I had ads leading into YouTube videos, AOL ads, and other strange things. Apparently this first showed up last night around 9 PM EST.

Heck even when Adblock is fully functional, YouTube ads seem to be popping through recently, like super ads
lol.gif

I hadn't even noticed anything was up with Firefox. I have slowly transitioned over to Vivaldi as my main browser, and I hardly use Firefox anymore. It's built using Chromium as its base, just like Chrome is, so II don't even have Chrome installed. It's just Vivaldi, FF, and some other one with a big blue E, which I hear is also going the Chromium direction...

What a **** workaround they came up with! This "Studies" feature isn't present in the older version of Firefox I run specifically because of their prior problems in being control freaks over use of extensions.

Looks likely that they're going to push patches only to current FF versions (I don't want it to auto-update the version too) so I'll probably revert back to ESR v52.9 where you could still disable this "feature".

Last edited:
"Studies" didn't work for me either....and I have the current Firefox updates. And they said as much in their twitter updates that it doesn't work for everyone. Looks like I'm stuck with this. Maybe I'll head to another browser...though I hate the Google Chrome set up and Internet Explorer is a nightmare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back