Another oil stash thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other threads with pictures are well over 2 years old, all of this oil is rebate or clearance. I completely stopped drinking alcohol 5 years ago, never did drugs, and I banned myself from motorcycles for life on 05/03/08. I had used this forum to help with my oil hoard, but I have been hoarding oil since the mid 90's well I used it also on my buy sell cars, but also my own personal vehicles. I always had a few years worth of oil for my bikes, trucks, boat, Porsche, ect. The wife caught me taking these pictures and says I need to find a place like oil Anonymous, like Alcohol Anonymous but for oil hoarders. She is ok with it as long as I keep it in my space in the basement, lol. I'm running out of room, its time to find something else to spark my interests. But, I still will always have to change the oil in my vehicles. Anyone wanna post a picture of their stash, or tell me I have artificially raised the price of oil, go for it! There are no rules, say what ever you want!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gosh, and I was concerned over having 3 5qt jugs and about 20 filters.
How often do you change your oil? Seems like even with 3 OCIs a year for 7 cars it'll take you years and years to use that stash

Last edited:
Wowsers! I bet he has a ammo stash like that too lol. I recently got completely sober and its been a thing to hoard clearance wax and detail products.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
Gosh, and I was concerned over having 3 5qt jugs and about 20 filters.
How often do you change your oil? Seems like even with 3 OCIs a year for 7 cars it'll take you years and years to use that stash

The wife has a Cadillac STS, so we have 8 vehicles. The Ford takes 15 quarts, Chevy 10. lol, I have cases of filters, bought on deep discount from, https://www.fleetfilter.com/ 20% discount when you spend $200.00, they carry Wix. Both of my trucks have dual class 8 fuel filter systems on them,12 micron water separator, 2 micron Cat fuel filter, Wix brand. I did just buy 24 of the Champ clearance filters from RA, 12, 3593A, and 12, for my lawn tractors. Cost $33.00 cause they messed up on the shipping, so I got a discount.

Originally Posted by Ponchinizo
Roughly how much oil do you use in a year?

IDK. I have equipment also. If you knew prices paid, you might have a different opinion.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Nice! It looks cool.
What grades? From 0Wx20 to ...?

Yes, 0W20, lots! PPHM @ $7.00 per 5qt jug., 5W20M1 AP $10.00 per 5 qt., 5W30 all kinds PUP, PP,QSUD,ST SYN,CVX, 0W40 PP Euro @ $7.00 per 5 qt., 10W30 M1 EP @ $2.00 per qt, Delvac 1 esp 5W40 @ $12.00 per gal, Delvac 1300 15W40 @ $ 5.00 per gal.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Interesting. But I don't get it. Max 2 jug max for me.

You don't have to get it, no offence, I have large supplies of items I use. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. You don't even see the 40 gallons of chainsaw bar oil I have, bought on sale also.

Originally Posted by Marco620
At least he uses synthetic in all his cars. Nice!

There is plenty of conventional there too, I run conventional in my Ford and all my equipment, snow blowers, wood splitter, lawn tractors= 2, Honda mower, 2 Honda generators. I don't believe in using synthetic in any of this equipment. Chevron 10W30 or 5W30. ST is ok also. Actually just about anything is fine but I got a lot of Chev/ST for $ 9.00 per 5 qt. Chevron has a moly content normally over 150 ppm.

Originally Posted by Linctex
You could do charity oil changes, like I do.

Or start selling it on Craigslist.

Not going to sell it on Craigs. I'm ok with it taking 10 years to use it. I do help a couple people. I repair an old mans car that I made a friend, and I buy dog food for his dog, I baby sit, or watch his dog a lot, he is 79 and if something happened to him I asked if someone was already willing to take care of his dog, he said no. I asked if I could be the person to have her, she loves my dogs and I. He put me in his will as to receive Samantha. I already have 2 dogs, 3 sometimes when I have Samantha.

That's like 240 qts
shocked2.gif

Amazing deals here I'm sure.... I'd bet almost all of these are $2 and under per quart... And some even less than a $1 per qt... Awesome.

I agree with Linctex about using some of this to help others... Which you are doing.

KneeGrinder, you have to stop cold turkey. Divert your energy into reducing your OCI to something less. May I suggest every 3 months. Although dirty oil does not mean it's time to change, for you, make it your mantra. If it's dirty on the dipstick, change it. Report back next May 1. Your current photos can be the " Before Photos".

Remember, no more oil purchases.
laugh.gif

P.S. Good on you for committing on the dog.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KneeGrinder
I got a lot of Chev/ST for $ 9.00 per 5 qt.

Aim for under $1/qt, the end-of-year and end-of-API-cert clearances will keep you afloat.

Nice stash. Truly a gift from God, do good with it.

You say, "your Wife doesn't mind because it's on your side of the basement".

While growing up, My Father always had his side of the basement and my Mother had her side.
But my Mother would always complain that 'her' side was taken up by the furnace, hot water heater and washer & dryer.

Okay, okay... Holy #&*%
shocked2.gif
You win on quantity. Not by a large margin, but enough to notice. I'm impressed!

BUT, I win on cost per quart. Currently my cost is sitting somewhere around -$3/qt. I buy my oil with previously purchased oil. And it keeps paying me back. Once I receive my rebates, I'll be about $500 in the green (pure profit) for taking all of mine. Not a cent out of my pocket. If I don't receive the rebates, I'm still about $175 in the green. It's like investing without risk. And I don't get penalized when I cash out/sell stock!!!
crackmeup2.gif

I have to claim a win somewhere dang it!
lol.gif

I'll take pics of my stash tonight if I get time.

That is one ridiculous collection. I keep my limit on oil and filters for three vehicles to 24-30 months, which is about eight five quart jugs and 6-7 filters.
Basically, I keep a stash of 2-3, for each vehicle I own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back