Lexus parts on line or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question...
Where do you buy genuine Lexus parts?
I am about to service the transmission on our old GS; I am scared of the dealership prices.

Thanks in advance.
I may just get a WIX...

Cross reference it back to Toyota. Then look online for said parts or go into the stealership if in a pinch.

+1 on cross reference. A few years back I needed front control arms for my SC400. Over 700 each as a Lexus part. On the forums I found out that the same part was on the Supra-for 250! Exact same part #. Fit perfect. Lexus was great before it got a taste of US dealership games.

Some of the lexus stealership are posting in Amazon.
I have got some Toyota parts from Amazon's Lexus supplier cheaper than local stealership.
Amazon can sort the source by price.
Who cares if the source is Toyota or Lexus dealership as long as the price is good.

The Wix transmission filter kits are generic, offshore garbage.

Toyota wants crazy amounts of money for the filter and the pan gasket. If you are dropping the pan, these are the parameters you will be working with...

You sure it needs a new filter?

On a 2006 IS350 with 150,000 miles at time of trans fluid exchange, Hendrick Lexus said the filter does not need to be changed because it was an overbuilt filter. I did pay $250 for the trans fluid exchange...12 quarts of WS.

On the rare occasion that I need a part... I often go to the Toyota dealer because it's closer.

Although I've always been told that the Toyota system is unable to look up "Lexus specific" parts.

LX450 (Land Cruiser) I can get any part.

LS400, I cannot get anything because there is no Toyota equivalent in the US.

Thanks to all. The primary reason I wanted to change the filter was to drain as much fluid as possible.
I will probably never do it again... The car has 60K, even if I did do it again it would be a simple spill and fill.

Remember, lifetime fluid, right?

Regarding the Toyota cross reference, the GS is rear wheel drive.
I will get the tranny model number and check.

Last edited:
I've had good luck buying genuine Lexus/Toyota parts on eBay from an actual Lexus dealership. One dealer that I have purchased from via eBay is Bell Lexus, in Scottsdale, AZ. I am about to replace my shocks and have gotten good prices from them -- cheaper than my local dealerships.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ClarkSuper100
I've had good luck buying genuine Lexus/Toyota parts on eBay from an actual Lexus dealership. One dealer that I have purchased from via eBay is Bell Lexus, in Scottsdale, AZ. ...

Second that.

[they are sweet online, will rip you apart if you come in store]

P.P.S. I doubt you will ever find genuine OE Lexus part for my LX, the generic Toyota part number for Landcruiser will work, of course, but only 5% of those pass the muster on the incoming QC check before they reach the assembly line, it's irrelevant and another story altogether.

Originally Posted by Y_K
ClarkSuper100 said:
I've had good luck buying genuine Lexus/Toyota parts on eBay from an actual Lexus dealership. One dealer that I have purchased from via eBay is Bell Lexus, in Scottsdale, AZ. ...

Second that.

[they are sweet online, will rip you apart if you come in store]

From personal experience, I concur with both of your remarks!

Cross shop. I always go to dealership as I like to spend money locally.
I had two regular maintenance items last two weeks with Tiguan, so first ventured to dealerships to check:
1. Coil failed on #1 cyl. Normal item on these engines for those year, and I have never switched to updated version. Went to local store to buy some cheap coil until I order on internet as on internet they had sale $26 for OE VW coil. Auto Zone wanted $42 for Bosch coil pack. Went to local dealer, $38 for updated OE VE coil. Got all four.
2. As things usually go, two days after HiD bulb dies on same car. Phillips online $49. Went to VW, $196 for the SAME bulb. Went to Toyota, since dealership is 3 miles from my home, $213 for SAME bulb. Got on Amazon, as you would expect, works like a charm (changed both bulbs).

edyvw said:
1. Coil failed on #1 cyl. Normal item on these engines for those year
2. As things usually go, two days after, HiD bulb dies on same car.
Quality VW components
lol.gif

Originally Posted by wag123
edyvw said:
Quality VW components
lol.gif

Yeah, they are. Toyota uses exactly same components from same manufacturer. Except, changing coil in VW takes 5min, on Toyota takes 4hrs.

Originally Posted by edyvw
edyvw said:
Quality VW components
lol.gif

Yeah, they are. Toyota uses exactly same components from same manufacturer. Except, changing coil in VW takes 5min, on Toyota takes 4hrs.

Quality components that fail? Right! So, VW is using Denso ignition coils? I thought they were using Bosch.
I have never had a coil fail on ANY vehicle that I have EVER owned. There isn't any need to worry about how difficult it is to replace a component that doesn't fail.

Last edited:
edyvw said:
Quality VW components
lol.gif

Quality components that fail? Right! So, VW is using Denso ignition coils? I thought they were using Bosch.
I have never had a coil fail on ANY vehicle that I have EVER owned. There isn't any need to worry about how difficult it is to replace a component that doesn't fail.

VW uses NGK. But I can see not failing on Toyota. Part of the reason why it fails on EA888 is that engines run hot (NGK provided different coils since 2012). It is bad bcs component like coil will fail. It is good, since Sienna is not drivable in cold weather, unless it was on block heater, so we take VW, just so that kids do not get pneumonia.
As for worry, yes there is, as Toyota requires spark plug change, which of course on Toyota V6 transverse mounted engine equals nightmare.
As for HiD, Sienna has those two candles in front which provide amount of light eqal to two AAA batteries, so yeah, there is no worry for HiD failure.

Last edited:
edyvw said:
Quality VW components
lol.gif

VW uses NGK. But I can see not failing on Toyota. Part of the reason why it fails on EA888 is that engines run hot (NGK provided different coils since 2012). It is bad bcs component like coil will fail. It is good, since Sienna is not drivable in cold weather, unless it was on block heater, so we take VW, just so that kids do not get pneumonia.
As for worry, yes there is, as Toyota requires spark plug change, which of course on Toyota V6 transverse mounted engine equals nightmare.
As for HiD, Sienna has those two candles in front which provide amount of light eqal to two AAA batteries, so yeah, there is no worry for HiD failure.

I changed the plugs on my Sienna at 130k miles, mostly because I was feeling guilty about not doing it at the recommended 110k miles and not because it was running badly or throwing misfire codes. Yes, the rear plugs were a hassle to replace, but it isn't really all that hard to do and was NOT a nightmare. All transverse V/6 engine vehicles have some challenging serviceability procedures, but all of the German vehicles I have worked on have serviceability issues of their own. NOBODY is designing/building vehicles with ease of service in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back