Johnson Controls is now Clarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/05/20190502-clarios.html

Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Power Solutions, launches as a new entity and world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. Clarios was acquired by Brookfield Business Partners and operates as a global energy storage business generating $8 billion in revenues with more than 16,000 employees, 56 facilities worldwide and 130 years of expertise.

Clarios' product portfolio includes absorbent glass mat batteries (AGM); low-voltage Li-ion batteries; enhanced flooded batteries; and standard lead-acid batteries. Its brands include Varta, Optima, LTH, Heliar, Delkor and BaterÃas Mac.

So this is just Johnson Control's battery division that was sold or the whole kit 'n kaboodle? The article only mentioned batteries so I would guess the former.

I know some battery elite/snobs/etc prefer the AGM Optimas but I've had good results with their flooded lead acid batteries like the Walmart Everstart Maxx line and previously the Autozone (Duralast something something?).

Last edited:
Optimas suck these days. I've seen some with 2000 date codes test good but most in the past few years just don't last any longer than typical batteries.

mmm a balanced breakfast when you add Clarios to your meal!!
36.gif

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Sounds like a breakfast cereal.

lol.gif

Or a cell phone company
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back