Auto parts store sell fake ngk sparks plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I'd like to know what ngk has to say and could you
Originally Posted by Rohan
A lot of you saying that Napa don't sell counterfeit sparks plug. Remember they don't stock them and they could have bought it from the online vendor they deal with.

Can someone confirm if I buy it from ngk website then well they be genuine ngk sparks plug?

please post pictures of these plugs you got from napa. Interesting that I've never gotten anything counterfeit from napa and yes I confirmed the plugs with NGK. Since I got some beat up ones from autozone and advance in the past. Got tired of that abuse and went to napa. I'm not saying that it's not possible to get junk from NAPA.. I know I go to corporate owned stores, I'm wondering if you went to a franchise location.. i've gotten junk from those locations before.

anyway would be interesting to see the pictures.

Can someone confirm if I buy it from ngk website then well they be genuine ngk sparks plug?

A) You can't buy directly from NGK
B) If you could, you will not end up with counterfeit parts

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

A) You can't buy directly from NGK
B) If you could, you will not end up with counterfeit parts

What about from this website?

A lot of you saying that Napa don't sell counterfeit sparks plug. Remember they don't stock them and they could have bought it from the online vendor they deal with.

Why not go to your local Toyota dealer & buy plugs? Unless this is a love for NGK thing?

Alot of Toyota V engines were built with NGK plugs in 1 head & Denso plugs in the other........

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I've got some NGK plugs where Japanese is spelled JAPANE8E.

Well it states right on the Box 4 Bogus Spark Plugs! At least they were honest.

I'm sorry everyone for what I didn't do as what I said about was going to post pictures of the spark plug. As soon I got off the phone with ngk customers service they said return the spark plug from where I got it from because Napa would not tell me where they order it from. So ngk tech told me to purchased it from O'Reilly Auto Parts store which I did yesterday. They supposed to come in today.

Doesn't NGK manufacture in the US and Japan (among other places?). They may be fake, but they may just be from a different manufacturing plant.

Hello everyone I didn't want to make a new thread so I kept it here.

I purchased my ngk #96779 from ngk website and I found one of the spark plug was gap was of a little bit. It was at .43 and all other was at .44. Do I need to worry about this? I went ahead install the spark plug then I was worry about one gap was of.

What is the troque spec for spark plug for 2014 2.5L? I troqued them down to 13 ft pound.

I did not put any type of grease on the spark plug. I only put dielectric grease on cap where is contact with the boot. What type of anti-seize I can put on the spark plug?

Last edited:
Can someone help me out what's the torque spec for spark plug for 2014 2.5L Toyota Camry?

Also do I need to worry about 1 plug was at .43? Instead of.44.

What grease can I put on the spark plug?

Last edited:
Hello everyone I didn't want to make a new thread so I kept it here.

I purchased my ngk #96779 from ngk website and I found one of the spark plug was gap was of a little bit. It was at .43 and all other was at .44. Do I need to worry about this? I went ahead install the spark plug then I was worry about one gap was of.

What is the troque spec for spark plug for 2014 2.5L? I troqued them down to 13 ft pound.

I did not put any type of grease on the spark plug. I only put dielectric grease on cap where is contact with the boot. What type of anti-seize I can put on the spark plug?

You're good. They're plated with something that works as anti sieze. If they had washers the torque is real easy to hit; you should have felt the washers compressing as you neared the 13 ft lb. The gap is no biggie either-- they grow 0.020 inches as time goes on.

Thank you for your reply.

The only issue I have now is ngk plug I have now is more vibration than my previous plug that came with the car which is was Denso iridium plug. Someone said ngk plug is wider than factory Denso plug. Does this have anything to do with this vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back