Please post your high energy drinks and nutritional supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a physically demanding job that required high energy and great strength, what would you eat or drink? I'm open to all suggestions. I've tried the CLIF Builder's Protein bar and the Gatorade Whey Protein bar with disappointing results. It seems like I get more energy from my Blue Diamond chocolate flavored almond milk.

A well balanced diet with little red meat and plenty of fruits and vegetables is probably the best advice.

I grew up on a farm. You had to be in the field all day long during harvest time with minimal breaks. Normal whole food, home cooked and plenty of water was more than enough to keep the energy up.

I would avoid sugars, cafeene and similar boosters like a plague.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by das_peikko
If you had a physically demanding job that required high energy and great strength, what would you eat or drink? I'm open to all suggestions. I've tried the CLIF Builder's Protein bar and the Gatorade Whey Protein bar with disappointing results. It seems like I get more energy from my Blue Diamond chocolate flavored almond milk.

If not gaining weight you just need to increase calories based on your macros
Protein
Carbohydrates
Fats

Originally Posted by The Critic
You work?

Yes. I got a new job gathering shopping carts and loading bags of concrete into customer's vehicles by hand. Basically walking back and forth across the parking lot all day. As of now, my most heavily used nutritional supplement is Ibuprofen.

Originally Posted by The Critic
You work?

Yes. I got a new job gathering shopping carts and loading bags of concrete into customer's vehicles by hand. Basically walking back and forth across the parking lot all day. As of now, my most heavily used nutritional supplement is Ibuprofen.

Well in that case suck it up and give it time body just getting use to physical labor.

Available at WM for $2 in the yogurt section I get Vanilla Maple Powerful Drink. There's a few other flavors like chocolate, coconut and a mocha one with about 140 mg's of caffeine. 20G protein, 10G carbs, 160 calories, 10G sugars. Three of those during shift should do it.

A four ounce bag of Walnuts in the baking section of WM is only $1.33 or so. I'd grab some of those also. Aldi has a container of peanuts for under $2 also.

Also a gallon or two of Nestle Pur Life water for about $1.25.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Age?

I turn 54 Friday.

That's not an excuse it's just a number
Eat healthier get lots of sleep yes 8+hrs

Originally Posted by pbm
A well balanced diet with little red meat and plenty of fruits and vegetables is probably the best advice.

Red meat is incredibly nutritious and has the nutrients a hard working individual needs. Plus, since he stated he's 54, a bit of extra high quality protein could be exactly what he needs. Of course, whether it should be organic/grass fed vs. feed lot...........well, that's a whole other discussion. I'd increase protein intake before reaching for something full of carbs and/or sugar. Oh, and increase your water intake!

Take Creatine. Its safe and allows greater muscle mass.
Also HMB, again very safe.
Other than that, take:
1. Sublingual B12 -- any small pill amount is fine, you can't overdose this.
2. Omega3 fish oil pills --- 2 grams per day
3. Vitamin D3 - 2,000 iu per day
4. Beet powder capsules
5. Turmeric powder capsules
6. Chlorella powder capsules
7. and one Alive multi-vitamin multi-mineral combo tablet per day
8. Glucoseamine pills for your joint lubrication
(((For the veggie powder capsules, "NOW Foods" on Amazon is a solid source of this.)))

Then get some olive oil in your diet a few times a week, choose Smart Balance healthy margarine, drink whey protein powder drinks (1 or 2 per day at snack time).
Beyond that, just eat lean meats and veggies, skip the fruit, kind of like the South Beach Diet.

Drink some coffee or drink 1 Rockstar Recovery or Monster Rehab (both low sugar) drinks for cafeinnation.

if you must use a supplement the b vitamin complex will help but invest your money in quality whole foods as their micronutrients are
better absorbed. caffeine helps but not energy drinks . take care of yourself body mind and soul try yoga or meditation and sleep well.
know your limitations and manage stress.

You need potassium and magnesium for heart health and to avoid muscle cramps …
just buy mid priced by the bottle at the dollar store … water, water, water …

Plenty of sleep as well. Also take a good men's multivitamin. I've been taking GNC Mega Men for as long as I can remember. Also a good workout makes me sleep like a rock. On the nights I run my usual 6 miles and lift weights I sleep like a baby!!

Originally Posted by PimTac
Did you get that leg fixed yet?

That's going to be a pricey fix. I'm going to need medical insurance I think; either that or find a way to get rich fast.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Did you get that leg fixed yet?

That's going to be a pricey fix. I'm going to need medical insurance I think; either that or find a way to get rich fast.

As soon as open enrollment starts at work,definitely get on their health insurance plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back