Anybody dislike FedEx Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Every package that is shipped to me by FedEx ground takes a day longer than it should because they turn it over to the post office for delivery

As mentioned, nope, that's not Fedex Ground (although they may be contracted to handle part of the transit), that's SmartPost. Either blame yourself for choosing the cheapest shipping option or blame the vendor for using it.

When you oder online you don't have a shipping choice

Of all the shipping services I do not like FedEx Ground or FedEx home delivery. They are the only ones who have lost, delayed or are incredibly slow. Everyone else is good to excellent for ground shipments. FedEx air is the best and most expensive but it will get to the destination on time.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Another FedEx bash thread.

You must be the most miserable person posting on BITOG site
All you post is negative reply's
Get another life or get off
Most people come here to communicate and learn
But your negativity is repulsive to say the least

Last edited:
If a FedEx package is delivered by the post office It is because the shipper chose this cheaper option

As others have said, you didn't get Fed Ex ground, you got Fed Ex Smart Post. UPS has the same service. The last leg is done by the USPS. Your retailer uses it because it is way cheaper. Don't throw FedEx ground under the bus - that isn't what delivery service you got.

Best to ask the retailer which service you are getting. Most will allow you to pay more if you don't want it to go smart post. Don;t think I've seen a retailer that isn't willing to let me pay more for faster service...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
UPS and FedEx both seem to do well delivering to me. The USPS OTOH seems to have real issues. I often get other peoples mail, and I have no idea how much of my mail I never see.

Just had to tell you there is a feature USPS has called "informed delivery". It will email you when mail is coming and they give you a scan of the front of the mail. Not boxes, just envelopes that can be put in your mailbox. Thought that could help ya know that you're getting your mail..

to everyone else... I've seen Fedex Ground and Fedex Home delivery. The ground people I thought were employees of Fedex while the Home delivery people were the contractors. It sucks for those contractors, I feel sorry for 'em. I will say that the UPS driver is like clockwork around here. Within about 30-40min if there are packages to be delivered! The Fedex express is the only one you can set a clock to, around here at least.

Originally Posted by researcher
UPS and FedEx both seem to do well delivering to me. The USPS OTOH seems to have real issues. I often get other peoples mail, and I have no idea how much of my mail I never see.

Just had to tell you there is a feature USPS has called "informed delivery". It will email you when mail is coming and they give you a scan of the front of the mail. Not boxes, just envelopes that can be put in your mailbox. Thought that could help ya know that you're getting your mail..

I appreciate that, and have been aware of that service, and have used it for awhile. What prompted my comment is that disturbingly often I get my mail, that has my address circled, and words to the effect to "Please deliver to the CORRECT address". It doesn't appear to be the same handwriting, but it is obviously some honest people that have received my mail, and are trying to get it to it's rightful owner. That mail somehow doesn't make it onto the 'informed delivery' service. So I just wonder how much of my mail is delivered to less-than-honest people, and I never see it.

Based on my experience, I don't have anything sent to me through the USPS, that really matters.

I appreciate that, and have been aware of that service, and have used it for awhile. What prompted my comment is that disturbingly often I get my mail, that has my address circled, and words to the effect to "Please deliver to the CORRECT address". It doesn't appear to be the same handwriting, but it is obviously some honest people that have received my mail, and are trying to get it to it's rightful owner. That mail somehow doesn't make it onto the 'informed delivery' service. So I just wonder how much of my mail is delivered to less-than-honest people, and I never see it.

Based on my experience, I don't have anything sent to me through the USPS, that really matters.

We have the same problem in our neighborhood. I don't know how you don't match the address of the letter to the one on the mailbox, let alone screw up entire street names... We've even witnessed them skip entire chunks of houses for no reason, and when we called to ask they said that the mail carrier said they were "undeliverable." Yet, they got the first couple and last couple on the street, and the street was perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Anybody dislike FedEx ground as much as I do ???
Every package that is shipped to me by FedEx ground takes a day longer than it should because they turn it over to the post office for delivery ...«...«...«...«

That's because you're not getting it shipped Fed Ex Ground. What you're getting is Fed Ex Smart Post. Fed Ex delivers it to the closest major city Post Office. From there USPS takes over. It's takes longer because it's their cheapest offering, and you are involving 2 carriers instead of one. UPS has a similar arrangement with their "Sure Post". It was formerly called, "UPS Basic" when it first came on line.

Varies by areas served. In our area the Fedex guy is a non-reliable person who seems to follow his own schedule.

The UPS guy is fantastic, very customer service oriented...

Yep … that's why I never order something I'm in a bind for if I can drive to a store …
Most online sales … I'm looking for cheaper shipping …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yep … that's why I never order something I'm in a bind for if I can drive to a store …
Most online sales … I'm looking for cheaper shipping …

I've found in my area, USPS Priority Mail is both the cheapest, and the fastest for small items. I have found that both UPS Ground, as well as Fed Ex Ground, (true ground, and not Smart or Sure Post), to be both more expensive and slower than USPS Priority Mail.

I think most all of this involves who your delivery people are. In my area both speed and time of delivery depends on, "what guy you get". With both UPS and Fed Ex that varies greatly and often. My USPS carrier has been the same for well over a year now. And she is very good. Others, not so much.

My local FedEx ground is a CONTRACTOR.... and not a very good one.

I have all of their company info printed on the side of truck along with Trail Cameras footage of them tossing things out towards the "general direction" of my driveway gate without stopping at all, and barely even slowing down.

We finally got a new UPS driver a couple years ago - he's awesome.
The old one cost me a lot of money.

The USPS lady is super sweet and always takes GREAT care of my packages, and even bags them if it's going to rain.

Originally Posted by madRiver
USPS is incredible to deliver packages Sunday!

What country are you in? I've never had the mailman deliver on a Sunday. I'm lucky if they come before 6pm on a weekday.

Originally Posted by Linctex
My local FedEx ground is a CONTRACTOR.... and not a very good one.
To clarify, ALL Fedex Ground drivers are contractors. Fedex Ground doesn't employ delivery drivers nor own route vehicles, only semi-trailers, sorting facilities, and sorting workers. The delivery driver that shows up at your door is either self-employed with his/her personal vehicle (Fedex Ground branded, of course) or employed by a company that bids on routes and hires drivers and buys vehicles as needed.

I've seen Fedex Ground and Fedex Home delivery. The ground people I thought were employees of Fedex while the Home delivery people were the contractors. It sucks for those contractors.
Not quite accurate. Fedex has (at least) 3 levels of service/employees:
1) The original Federal Express, now just "Fedex". They only do "air" shipments, 1 and 2 day delivery. These folks are full-blown employees of Fedex using company-owned equipment.
2) Fedex Ground - it was formerly "RPS" (I think it stood for Rapid Package Service) and was bought by Fedex to get into the ground delivery market. Delivery drivers and vehicles are privately-owned.
3) Fedex Home Delivery - not sure of this setup

When you oder online you don't have a shipping choice

Sure you do

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by Mainia
Just be glad it is not UPS Ground.....because more packages get lost and are damaged more then FedEx Ground.

The opposite seems true to me. I bought a Sony TV From BH Photo that was delivered by FedEx Ground. The box had a big gash in it and I was surprised the TV wasn't damaged.
FedEx Ground Drivers aren't as professional as UPS drivers if you pay attention.

Most FedEx ground drivers are "contractors". FedEx treats them like s__t and it shows.

UPS and USPS are way better than FedEx IMO.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by madRiver
USPS is incredible to deliver packages Sunday!

What country are you in? I've never had the mailman deliver on a Sunday. I'm lucky if they come before 6pm on a weekday.

They don't deliver mail just packages Sunday. Amazon prime uses this service but I have had another package arrive this way. It's never the regular mailman just someone in a random postal vehicle (stake body truck once!) or personal vehicle.

I don't get why both Fedex and UPS hand off packages to the USPS for final delivery. Why do they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back