how often do you use the sunroof on your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much, since it's on a PT (broken plastic guide). From what I gather, the heat of the sun takes a toll on the plastic parts used in the thing (thank you Chrysler, lol).

I used to use it all the time, then once, a few years ago, I stopped to have lunch. Rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof all the way enjoying the nice weather. I was eating when I heard a loud splat. A seagull had dropped a huge pile of crap in the car, but also my head.

That was honestly the last time I ever opened a sunroof.

Depends on how you define "use".

I rarely open it, but will use the tilt function occasionally in order to vent hot or humid air.
My spouse on the other hand likes to have the extra light so she'll pull back the sun shade when she's in the car but leave the roof closed.

Very rare for me to open. Used cars, not a deciding factor on to buy or not. If they fail, they get closed and disabled. Weight up high, where you least want it. I would rather be without a "sunroof" in a rollover. Less headroom. More hardware, software and electrical components to fail. Drains to clean. I never want one when I buy new. But they seem to come in packages, like many other things some people do not want or need. That being said, three of my cars have them! All three were bought used.

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Folks that never open their sunrofs: Do you leave your windows closed at all times too?

Pretty much always. Traveling with the windows open in some areas will invite the two legged critters. Windows closed, doors locked automatically.

I've had one vehicle with a sunroof, and one with T tops. I think I took the T tops off once, and I think I opened the sunroof once just to see if it worked. I won't even buy a vehicle with one these days...too many problems with them leaking...

Here in the hottest city in the U.S. I roll my windows down a couple times a day, but only for less than a minute at a time to let the hot air out. Then the A/C is on Max.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Having a sunroof is almost a disqualifier for me for a car. It cuts down on the headroom, and it's too hot to use it.

I just don't see the purpose for it. What does it do? The sun shines in my face, it's loud, and it's another troublesome part (was in my VW that had one).

+ 100. I've hardly looked at the sunroof on the BMW, the Buicks didn't have one, and I almost never used the ones on my three MBs despite two of them being ina better climate (CO).

I use the sunroof anytime the weather is nice - I also like to drive with the windows down. during the summer, I will open the back of the sunroof to pull out some of the hot air for the first mile or so.

I use mine quite a bit. I never really had a desire to have one but the wife always wanted one. Her RAV4 is the Limited model with all the bells and whistles including the sunroof. I have one in the Frontier PRO-4X also but I wasn't specifically looking for one with a sunroof it just happened to have it. I have come to like it though and use it when weather permits.

Use the Moonroof only at night.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back