Brake Pads for Zuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for pads on the Zuki Bandit. What do you guys recommend for a decent after market pad? The Zuki pads aren't bad but the price is out of sight. Some of the offerings from Amazon are so cheap that they are almost scary and no reviews.
Thanks Smoky

I don't care for EBC. Although they are probably the most commonly available aftermarket pads in the HH formula.

I'd go with Galfer 1375, or the more commonly available 1370. If you were riding on a roadrace track a lot, I'd suggest the G1300.

I have Galfer 1370s on my SV650 and have no complaints while just commuting. I've actually tried some of those cheap-o brake pads on the rear of my old GS500. They worked fine, but wore very quickly. I might use them in a pinch again, but can afford to go with name brand stuff considering the few miles I put on a year.

I bought a cheap set for my Ninja off Ebay and they have done great. I think it was under $15 for front and rear pads. I road very carefully while breaking them in during light traffic conditions. No problems at all with them. Much smoother than OE which were metallic pads. The ones off Ebay were Kevlar pads.

There are all sorts of options. Even so, I prefer the feel of metallic pads. In particular, the EBC sintered metal, Double H pads.

https://ebcbrakes.com/what-is-sintering/

Quote:

"Sintered brakes last longer and generally speaking handle the heat of heavy braking better. In Road Race use we have to admit that there are almost NO organic pads that come close to Sintered compounds but that does not hold true in streetbike use where EBC Organic compounds in terms of performance are almost undetectable from sintered. Proof of this is that EBC Brakes was the first and probably still is the only Brake manufacturer with EC E R 90 brake safety approval of both its sintered Brakes and its Organic brakes on Motorcycle for public highway use.

Although attempts were made by the OEMs a few years ago to cut costs of Sintered brakes by using sintered IRON, that was deemed a failure and these days the base material is copper.

Sintered copper brakes are made by one of two processes, pressure sintering in a vacuum furnace or sintering through a belt furnace in a controlled atmosphere. The steel backing plates for the brake pads are copper coated and a preformed sintered copper "Puck" is located onto pips in the plate (either male or female) and the parts are passed through a furnace. At a pre-determined temperature the copper coating under the pad puck melts and fused the puck and plate together
."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back