Avengers Endgame No spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to see if this afternoon. What a convoluted piece of garbage. Almost 3 hours. this is one of the few times i was hoping the movie would end or i was gonna get up and leave. i have seen all of them so thank goodness this is might be the last one. they have milked it too long

good thing it only cost me $5.25 to see it.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
went to see if this afternoon. What a convoluted piece of garbage. Almost 3 hours. this is one of the few times i was hoping the movie would end or i was gonna get up and leave. i have seen all of them so thank goodness this is might be the last one. they have milked it too long

Well your in the minority.

Originally Posted by NO2
$5.25? Last time we saw prices like that around here was a 15 years ago.

AMC tuesday pricing

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Is that the one where Buck Rogers and Captain Picard blow up the Death Star on the Battlestar Galactica?

That's the one I'm going to see.

I've lost interest in Marvel movies around Avengers 2 with the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool and Venom.

I love the Marvel movies. They've completely changed the industry. From the first Iron Man, which focused on Tony Stark, not the suit, to this.

I saw and greatly enjoyed "Avengers: End Game" on Sunday. Cost me $36 for two of us. 3D. Surround sound. Reclining, over-sized leather seats. Reserved seating. Like sitting in First Class vs. Economy. Only way I will go to a movie anymore is with the reserved luxury seating.

It's not the best of the Marvel Movies, but it's a good one. Totally worth seeing.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Is that the one where Buck Rogers and Captain Picard blow up the Death Star on the Battlestar Galactica?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Astro14
I love the Marvel movies. They've completely changed the industry. From the first Iron Man, which focused on Tony Stark, not the suit, to this.

I saw and greatly enjoyed "Avengers: End Game" on Sunday. Cost me $36 for two of us. 3D. Surround sound. Reclining, over-sized leather seats. Reserved seating. Like sitting in First Class vs. Economy. Only way I will go to a movie anymore is with the reserved luxury seating.

It's not the best of the Marvel Movies, but it's a good one. Totally worth seeing.

Did you and wife tell anybody that whatever they saw on the screen, in space fights, you've done it at least 10 times faster?

Originally Posted by WhyMe

Wow.. you're a hoot at parties, huh?

Tell you what, you're in the drastically small minority on this. I, for one, loved the entire movie and wouldn't have minded if it was longer. I thought it was extremely well written, well, acted, emotional, and satisfying.

... guess maybe you just don't get 'superhero movies'. There's a reason it made over 1.2 BILLION dollars globally in only its opening weekend.

By the way, it's in no way the last one. They have already planned at least another 8.

.. (edit) Cool, this was my 3000th post. Seems fitting, since I love movies, and Endgame is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet, and after the kid informed me there's all kinda of dude to dude Capt. America rear end worship, I'll give it a pass.

Apparently the next Marvel installments are all about giving snowflake SJWs & their genetically confused pets their own little platform.

I have zero desire to pay good money for the above's marketing campaign.

Originally Posted by ofelas
I haven't seen it yet, and after the kid informed me there's all kinda of dude to dude Capt. America rear end worship, I'll give it a pass.
Apparently the next Marvel installments are all about giving snowflake SJWs & their genetically confused pets their own little platform.

All of the above has been majorly over exaggerated. Rear end worship? Definitely not. Are there two or three jokes about it? Yes, and IMHO, quite funny.

Don't let maybe 3 minutes (if even) of minimal nods to 'progressive agenda' get in the way of what I consider to be one of the most enjoyable Marvel movies. That's like refusing to eat a perfectly cooked 5-star gourmet meal because the waiter who served it to you voted for Bernie.

I'm being dragged to it this weekend as my spouse wants to see it.

I'm content with watching these movies on Satellite when they dont cost me money and I have a rainy Sunday afternoon to kill.

Two comments in total.

If you can't handle two rear end comments, that were actually intended as humor, well, then, cupcake, you should skip this one...

Two comments in total.

If you can't handle two rear end comments, that were actually intended as humor, well, then, cupcake, you should skip this one...

... and they WERE funny. I laughed out loud. I suppose if the comments had been about Black Widow's rear end, he'd have been fine with it?

To each their own. However what is laughable is that you are offended and then using the term snowflakes SJW etc. Marvel movies are not real life bud.

I am really glad for you. People love to self justify why they don't want to see a movie because of 1980's prices. I think a simple just not interested works. I find it really sad if someone cannot actually afford a $10-$15 movie ticket as a barrier to going, I would reflect personally and say where did I go wrong financially.

Originally Posted by madRiver

I am really glad for you. People love to self justify why they don't want to see a movie because of 1980's prices. I think a simple just not interested works. I find it really sad if someone cannot actually afford a $10-$15 movie ticket as a barrier to going, I would reflect personally and say where did I go wrong financially.

It's cost me and my family of 5 a total of $80 on the mark to see it including refreshments for everyone. 3 hours of everyone was entertained and happy. Well worth it.

Yet these same members gripping about ticket prices justify using a name brand oil for $10 more dollars per oil change over a store brand which meets the same specs and certs because it's a name brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back