Mobil 1 quality at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw on fb the mobil 1 at walmart is less quality than other mobil 1. when will this crap die?/////

Last edited by a moderator:
40.gif

Ted S:
Do you really think that Exxon-Mobil would allow an inferior product to be sold under their flagship name? I don't.

Originally Posted by pbm
Ted S:
Do you really think that Exxon-Mobil would allow an inferior product to be sold under their flagship name? I don't.

Agreed

Hey as long as these people are dumb, Walmart will keep selling oil cheaper then almost anyone else. I just ordered a 5qt jug of Mobil1 5w30 EP and the M108A filter from for less then $36. After the rebate that's a $20 oil change.

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
Originally Posted by pbm
Ted S:

Agreed

+2.. exactly right.

On the contrary, Walmart is the best place to buy Mobil 1 oils. Two reasons:

(1) You get the lowest price.
(2) You get the freshest oil.

Here is how to read the date stamps on Mobil 1 oils, which shows the manufacture date and facility. I hope this helps clear the confusion and baseless Internet rumors:

Originally Posted by chunt
Code from a jug of Mobil 1 HM that I purchased today: 11019C02B 6301. First 3 numbers = Plant; next 2 = year; next letter = month; next 2 I should be the day.
The code can be very hard to see, it is on the rear label of the jug and you have to have the light just right to see it.

Thanks!

That sounds right. The date code on the Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0W-20 SN PLUS (PAO-based) 5 qt bottle I bought at Walmart on January 27, 2019, reads 11019A09A 5888. So, it's 2019/01/09 then. It was very fresh indeed -- only 18-days-old! The trading power of Walmart -- straight from the farm!

[Linked Image]

Walmart is the best place to buy M1, or any oil actually. You just have to be able to tolerate Walmart lol.

There is no difference in quality. The person saying that is a dope.

Walmart ships free to your door for orders $35 or more, much better then the dealing with tweekers and crazies in stretch pants.

Originally Posted by ted s
saw on fb the mobil 1 at walmart is less quality than other mobil 1. when will this crap die?/////

Well......tell them to prove it.

It is sad, the things that are being said on fb. I saw just this morning, on a Mobil 1 fb post, an Amsoil dealer commented and said that Mobil 1 is a group III oil, no PAO, no ester.

Originally Posted by buster
Walmart is the best place to buy M1, or any oil actually. You just have to be able to tolerate Walmart lol.

There is no difference in quality. The person saying that is a dope.

Up here it is Canadian Tire, which consistently has better pricing, and no risk of getting used oil.

Quit spending time on that site. Nothing good comes from there.

I have never understood the logic of people saying Mobil (or any other manufacturer, have heard it for other things as well) having to make 2 separate oils under the same label.

2 separate mixing and bottling operations, distribution just for Walmart for the "cheaper" Mobil 1 would just not make any sense financially.
Ignorant people just don't understand marketing, logistics and the power of volume sales and the discounts that come with it.
Plus the fact that auto chain stores are way overcharging on their daily price for oil. Their "sale" prices (when in combo with a quality filter) are still a touch above what the daily price at Walmart is.
If schleps want to think that and over pay for their oil, that is on them.

It has been explained here before that if there were different formulations then the license numbers for certifications would be different. dexos is a good example. The same license # is on the jug no matter where you buy it.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Quit spending time on that site. Nothing good comes from there.

I have never understood the logic of people saying Mobil (or any other manufacturer, have heard it for other things as well) having to make 2 separate oils under the same label.

2 separate mixing and bottling operations, distribution just for Walmart for the "cheaper" Mobil 1 would just not make any sense financially.
Ignorant people just don't understand marketing, logistics and the power of volume sales and the discounts that come with it.
Plus the fact that auto chain stores are way overcharging on their daily price for oil. Their "sale" prices (when in combo with a quality filter) are still a touch above what the daily price at Walmart is.
If schleps want to think that and over pay for their oil, that is on them.

Indeed no more than 5 minutes a day should be spent on FB. Nothing good will come from it spending more then that on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back