VREDESTEIN QUATRAC 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have anything to say about these, or the brand in general? Never heard of them, but they carry one of the higher ratings according to Tire Rack. Also open to other suggestions for an all season 245/45r20.

They seem like a good all-season tire when you get real winter and can only use a single set of tires year-round
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
They seem like a good all-season tire when you get real winter and can only use a single set of tires year-round
smile.gif

I've considered a set of winters, but honestly there were only 3-4 times last winter that I wished I had them. They keep the roads plowed and salted pretty well around here. 99% of the time it's just slushy at worst and wet.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

I've considered a set of winters, but honestly there were only 3-4 times last winter that I wished I had them. They keep the roads plowed and salted pretty well around here. 99% of the time it's just slushy at worst and wet.

In that case, the Quatrac 5 is the perfect choice for you
smile.gif

Superb tire. Outstanding quality, made in the Netherlands.

I prefer Nokian WRG tires first and foremost but my eyes wander to these as I hear great things.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NewEnglander
Superb tire. Outstanding quality, made in the Netherlands.

I prefer Nokian WRG tires first and foremost but my eyes wander to these as I hear great things.

I actually tried looking for some, they don't make anything in my size
frown.gif
I think I'll pull the trigger, all the reviews seem really good.

Maybe now I'll be able to get up my driveway without shoveling and salting it first lol

User MCompact has some on a MiniCooper Sport for at least a year.

Past threads (Hope it helps):
thread1
thread2
thread3
thread4
thread5

Good luck with them.

P.S. I second the OP's idea that Chicago area utilities, clean and salt like crazy quick. The most delay I had is 2 days when they had some heavy snow with 5-6+ feet resulting. So for the most time dry and some ice performance will be needed.
P.S.2 for OP: Happy Chipping. Get the experience to move to setup-man and learn some Solidworks/GibbsCam/Catia/ CAD+3D modelling program and you will be gold.

Put a set of these on the Buick last November. I like them. Only one major snow event here last winter. No issues. Drove through torrential rains in Indiana and Tennessee going to and coming back from Florida in February, no issues in the rain.

Originally Posted by pandus13
User MCompact has some on a MiniCooper Sport for at least a year.

Past threads (Hope it helps):
thread1
thread2
thread3
thread4
thread5

Good luck with them.

P.S. I second the OP's idea that Chicago area utilities, clean and salt like crazy quick. The most delay I had is 2 days when they had some heavy snow with 5-6+ feet resulting. So for the most time dry and some ice performance will be needed.
P.S.2 for OP: Happy Chipping. Get the experience to move to setup-man and learn some Solidworks/GibbsCam/Catia/ CAD+3D modelling program and you will be gold.

Awesome! Thank you!

Do I know you? Lol! We used Mastercam in our high school shop class, where I'm at now though I'm doing grinding. Everyone has to be able to do setups in their area, there's only 3 machines left I need to learn and I can run the entire department.

Had them for about 5000 miles now. Impressed with the snow handling, but they were new at the time so I'll hold judgment. Quiet tire, smooth ride. This week drove through lots of puddles and rain water and they did well. I think I'm close to deciding to recommend them.

Have snow on the roads 10-15 days a year, so I went with the populous on TR and bought them.

I just replaced my factory installed tires with the Quatrac 5 and two of them didn't even need weights.
19.gif

My link was for Zmelli to buy his size 195/60/15. I bought mine from Tirerack also but they don't carry his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back