I'm Getting the I-Wants for One of These 2019 Toyota RAV's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's certainly the best looking RAV4 they have ever put out. At least looking at it doesn't make you immediately yawn out of boredom
27.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
At least looking at it doesn't make you immediately yawn out of boredom
27.gif

Because you're busy puking?
37.gif

Originally Posted by gregk24
Take this for what it's worth, I think they are absolutely hideous.

I wouldn't go that far, but it looks pretty much the same as every other CUV.

This should help the OP: RAV4s have been well-known women's cars from day one, 25 years ago. "Adventure" seems like an effort to sell them to men.

What was the first CUV to have the squinty headlights/taillights they've all had for what seems like 10 years now? Whoever invented that should be rich.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Skippy722
At least looking at it doesn't make you immediately yawn out of boredom
27.gif

Because you're busy puking?
37.gif

No, because Infiniti and Lexus exist... the Infiniti QX80 takes the cake though, by far the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen.

A0C09CA0-28A6-42D3-824C-FE8E6344BCBB.jpeg

8497060C-9B2F-414D-8071-D92207CB582A.jpeg

Originally Posted by wemay
Man, that's one nice looking vehicle.

I find that a little shocking because that thing is not the least bit appealing to me.

They look really good, and I was going t o probably trade my 2015 CX5 for a RAV4 Hybrid, but every review of every RAV4 I read said they totally missed the boat on actual driving performance, and so I went with a 2019 Grand Touring Reserve CX5. I really wanted this RAV to kill it, but they just didn't, apparently. I still love the looks though.

Main complaints I read:

Sloppy handling
Very harsh engine noises
"meh" brakes
The Hybrid is the "fast" one and only manages 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.

Last edited:
hideous wheels for sure.....go for it...oh and I almost forgot squared off wheel wells like gm did forever on the silverados.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by snarl
It's about the same level of ugly as a pontiac aztek.

I was thinking a cross of that and poser with the light color roof trying to copy the FJ paint scheme, but in a car based "suv" that has no real capability.

It's a continued play on "looking tough".

Agree … but this Rav sure beats the original … I often say each vehicle is color sensitive based on grill shapes and colors, things like that …

Wow … DiL had that ugly beast and beat on it with little maintenance for 13 years …
BTW, who finds these chartreuse cubes on the road easy on the eyes now days ?

Originally Posted by JHZR2

I was thinking a cross of that and poser with the light color roof trying to copy the FJ paint scheme, but in a car based "suv" that has no real capability.

It's a continued play on "looking tough".

I'm not sure I see the Aztek but otherwise agree--it's a low capability crossover given way too much of an angular look, invoking the "toughness" that the Tacoma has IMO. I think it might be better than the current RAV4 overall, but going in the wrong direction for pedestrian transportation.

Originally Posted by Ws6
They look really good, and I was going t o probably trade my 2015 CX5 for a RAV4 Hybrid, but every review of every RAV4 I read said they totally missed the boat on actual driving performance, and so I went with a 2019 Grand Touring Reserve CX5. I really wanted this RAV to kill it, but they just didn't, apparently. I still love the looks though.

Main complaints I read:

Sloppy handling
Very harsh engine noises
"meh" brakes

Not sure which reviews you read. The gold-standard of reviews, Car and Driver, basically sees a good handling setup. --- "Regardless of which setup you choose, the RAV4 rides and steers far better than it ever has. As in other new Toyota products that use the company's new family of architectures, the RAV4 has a solid and satisfying feel, with a nicely weighted steering rack and controlled body motions. The ride is firm but compliant, and damping keeps impacts from intruding on the cabin. The numbers reflect the dynamic improvements, too: Even the off-road-oriented Adventure model we tested pulled a competitive 0.83 g on the skidpad and stopped from 70 mph in a solid 166 feet."

Mazda is going a bit bananas with their pretentious "Grand Touring Reserve" ... just funny in a CUV jelly-bean class vehicle. Its not a Panamera, folks ! CX-5 is solid though. If you want a lot of power (beyond the 7.5s 0-60 you actually complained about), then you need a 2.0L turbo Chevy Equinox, new generation, or other 2.0L turbo CUV's out there.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks great I want the one with the V6.

Unless your willing on getting a used one from 2005-2012, there's no V6 option for you!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4#Engines

The 3.5l V-6 was available from 2006 through 2012 only. We own two of them both 2008 models.

As for the new model shown.....it is polarizing for sure. I don't care for it but if the OP likes it then he should go for it.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by Ws6

Main complaints I read:

Sloppy handling
Very harsh engine noises
"meh" brakes

Not sure which reviews you read. The gold-standard of reviews, Car and Driver, basically sees a good handling setup. --- "Regardless of which setup you choose, the RAV4 rides and steers far better than it ever has. As in other new Toyota products that use the company's new family of architectures, the RAV4 has a solid and satisfying feel, with a nicely weighted steering rack and controlled body motions. The ride is firm but compliant, and damping keeps impacts from intruding on the cabin. The numbers reflect the dynamic improvements, too: Even the off-road-oriented Adventure model we tested pulled a competitive 0.83 g on the skidpad and stopped from 70 mph in a solid 166 feet."

Mazda is going a bit bananas with their pretentious "Grand Touring Reserve" ... just funny in a CUV jelly-bean class vehicle. Its not a Panamera, folks ! CX-5 is solid though. If you want a lot of power (beyond the 7.5s 0-60 you actually complained about), then you need a 2.0L turbo Chevy Equinox, new generation, or other 2.0L turbo CUV's out there.

The CX5 turbos perform better than the Equinox or anything else short of $45K in that market, regarding acceleration. You have to step up to an Audi Q5 to edge it out.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/rav4/2019/
YOU WON'T LIKE
Poorly tuned eight-speed auto
Sloppy handling
Chassis needs improvement

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/toyota/rav4/
There's limited lean when taking corners and responsive steering, but the RAV4's ride is stiff and a little jumpy, and the noisy engine hurts the driving experience.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/315753/2019-toyota-rav4-limited-review/
Overall, the RAV4 lacks the agility of a Honda CR-V or the aggressive handling character and the sharp steering of a Mazda CX-5. Instead, it rolls heavily from side to side and does little to communicate to its driver. At the very least, though, it is comfortable on rougher roads and doesn't exhibit much in the way of bad behavior.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/rav4-hybrid/2019/2019-toyota-rav4-hybrid-first-test/
Technical director Frank Markus also appreciated the powertrain but complained about the hybrid's chassis when really pushing the car on a winding road. "Those persuaded by the great new looks of the RAV4 should save up for the hybrid model. This is the best-sorted powertrain of the bunch. Sadly its chassis still got so out of shape as to cause the stability control to generate audible and feelable clunks as it braked the various corners," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back