I'm Getting the I-Wants for One of These 2019 Toyota RAV's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Help.

Check out Hondas lower quality ratings, as opposed to 10 years ago.

Got any links to support that claim?

Is it actually any more capable than a normal AWD one? Any low range/low range simulator? What's the crawl ratio? Any skid plates or tow hooks or lift?

Like the two tone, spices things up a little.

Originally Posted by Rand
You will miss the manual transmission.

If you want "adventure" an absolutely loaded cherokee elite trailhawk is in the low 30's (about 8-10k off sticker)

Hummm... Interesting info. Did Chrysler ever resolve the issues with the 9-speed trans in the Cherokees? I'm guessing yes, since it's been a few yrs.

Yes, I believe ZF got the 9spd sorted, as Chrysler was definitely not the only marque using it, or having issues with it.

Originally Posted by kkreit01
It does look much better than all previous generations of RAV4s. The steering wheel looks rubber. Is it leather-wrapped, and just a poor picture?

That steering wheel does look really cheapo. The rest of the interior looks good in my opinion so I'm not sure what is going on with that thing. I looked on Autotrader I think only the Limited has a leather wrapped steering wheel from what I can tell.

"I'm Getting the I-Wants for One of These 2019 Toyota RAV's !!!" You and me both. Better in some ways than my '18 Equinox AWD, and the hybrid's electric motor driving the rear axle is awesome.

Originally Posted by NO2
The hybrid RAV4 gets 40 mpg for less than $1K more. That's the way to go.
And it's a smoother transmission running in the hybrid, with that initial torquey electric motor push off the line. Hybrid definitely.

Originally Posted by Rand
You will miss the manual transmission.If you want "adventure" an absolutely loaded cherokee elite trailhawk is in the low 30's (about 8-10k off sticker)
Toyota is definitely going after Cherokee buyers. The squared-off flender flares remind you of a Cherokee. This RAV4 might suffice for someone wanting the dependability of a Toyota, as some are absolutely turned away from Jeep because of their bad reputation.
[Linked Image]

I drove a XLE Premium (non-hybrid) and a LE Hybrid. There is no comparison. The hybrid model is quieter, has significantly better acceleration (and fuel economy) and there is no clunky 8-spd auto to feel.

Unfortunately you cannot get the Adventure pkg on a hybrid.

In speaking with a Jeep sales manager a few months ago, he confided that he would not recommend anyone buy any jeep, except for the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, because the smaller ones have many things making them unreliable.

I like the new Rav4, but after reading there is not much to the Adventure Package except cosmetics.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Help.

Generally the person who wants links, should get them. Defending every single statement made with links would get out of hand quick. You can just provide links to counter evidence if needed.

It's been 30 days since we brought home a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Plus. We test drove the RAV4, CRV, Mazda CX-5, Kia Sorento, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson. The RAV engine is Noisy! It's not quiet at all. Roaring.

Based upon our use of a rental RAV for around 1K while our newer Forester was getting repaired, I'd take a new Forester over this Toy anytime as would my wife.
Granted, your ownership experience with your old Forester has been pretty bad, but our '09 has been pretty good with no real repairs. Couple of sets of tires, a few sets of brakes (this thing eats brakes), a battery, a serp belt and the timing belt service, of course. Now sitting at around 115K.
In general driving over the roads around here, the '19 RAV is not on the same planet as our '17 Forester in ride, the engine is very unrefined and the autobox sometimes has difficulty in settling on which gear to use, although it does seem to hold a lower gear for downhill coasting.
Overall, the RAV is nothing special and is the inferior CUV as compared to a Forester.
Good to learn that we didn't waste money paying the premium for our '17 Forester.

Well, I recently said a person would be dumb to pay $39K or more for one, but I have been looking at Tacomas and 4Runners lately and have to say the new Rav4 looks pretty good. If I wasn't trying to get away from transverse engines & front wheel drive etc, I might even consider buying one.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Help.

YES. Last time I posted them though I got ripped to shreads, despite the fact even Honda itself admits they need to reinvest to restore their quality back to where it was not too long ago. A net search is all you need.

Help.

How is bringing Honda into this conversation helping the OP when he is asking about a Toyota?

I'm in for the 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, and the 2009 Venza gets traded in.
It will be nice to see the 44% mpg improvement, especially when gas costs about $4 USD a gallon here.

The RAV4 Hybrid does have these advantages vs the gas engine
Much better fuel economy
More power
Better power transmission, it uses a planetary gear set
Quieter
With a very reasonable price premium

Curious thing is the US$ is about 35% stronger than the CDN $ yet a US RAV4 Limited with Entune 3.0 is $38,365 while CDN RAV4 Limited Hybrid is $42,090, or 9.7% more than the US model, same options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back