Boslla Bullet LED Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted a Scotty Kilmer video, which instantly removes any cred your post may have had
lol.gif

What is the power draw? My car uses H11 55w, and it would be nice to lower that since its an electric car....
I see another brand, superbrightleds.com , use only 30% the power, maybe these are similar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
You posted a Scotty Kilmer video, which instantly removes any cred your post may have had
lol.gif

He's a Scotty fan. At $139 maybe Bill could try out a set and report back if they're worth it? Is yellow good in haboobs?
grin.gif

Does the manufacturer certify that these are DOT legal, or are they "off road use only".

I can't stand these ultra-bright, high-glare LED headlight bulbs being used in reflector housings with no decent cutoff...

If HIDs weren't an option then yellow bulbs would actually be better for most drivers. Easier to see objects at night with less eye strain.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
What is the power draw? My car uses H11 55w, and it would be nice to lower that since its an electric car....
I see another brand, superbrightleds.com , use only 30% the power, maybe these are similar.

Diode Dynamics SL1's draw 20.2 watts and work great.

Originally Posted by brages
Does the manufacturer certify that these are DOT legal, or are they "off road use only".

I can't stand these ultra-bright, high-glare LED headlight bulbs being used in reflector housings with no decent cutoff...

This. I give them credit, the PCB the actual LED's are mounted to is super thin, so it should mimic the original bulb they replace. But without output shots, it's anyones guess.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
When the cooling fan fails, does it trigger a thermal shutdown prior to a fire?

I believe they reduce output, but remain on. They do sell their SLF bulbs which are lower output versions, intended for use as a fog light, which have the same exact cooler but no fan. I will ask and post the reply here. But I've never been let down by Diode Dynamics.

I've only had mine a few months now, but they're in a sealed headlight assembly. No issues yet.

The XenonDepot led's are fanless and are a little bit brighter if you want to check those out.

Last edited:
If they just plug in they are illegal. There is no plug in LED headlight that offers better visibility that isn't illegal.

If anyone states otherwise and has a vested interest, it's fraud, a criminal act. DO report any such instances. These people need a prison cell to learn about reality.

If on the other hand you want a different housing designed for a different bulb, thank you for considering the law and others on the road!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
If they just plug in they are illegal. There is no plug in LED headlight that offers better visibility that isn't illegal.

If anyone states otherwise and has a vested interest, it's fraud, a criminal act. DO report any such instances. These people need a prison cell to learn about reality.

If on the other hand you want a different housing designed for a different bulb, thank you for considering the law and others on the road!!

I will say, most drop in LED's are a joke.

But, and a big but, what if a company tests their LED's to the FMVSS108 Beam Pattern standards, is within them, and claims all that on their website? Yknow... the very same standards all OEM headlights must meet? Seems like a great way to get railed by NHTSA for lying
21.gif
But please go ahead and call the police on me. You'll just be laughed at.

Actual picture of my plug in LED's. Halogens had an IDENTICAL beam pattern. I'll even go find a 9005 bulb to prove it if I have too. I'll even a take a video, LED on one side and halogen on the other. So please do tell, what exactly am I doing wrong here? Prison cell for a light... absolutely ridiculous.

1CC15012-58F5-4E9B-835F-C25C9861242D.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Dave9

...... But please go ahead and call the police on me. You'll just be laughed at..... Prison cell for a light... absolutely ridiculous.

There are always people who have to take everything to the extreme. No matter what. Report them to the, Headlight Police? Really? How many drivers out there are doing time for, "illegal headlamps"? Insane.

"What are you in for?" Bank robbery. "How 'bout you, tough guy?" LED lights. "Woa, you're a bad-arse..."

I'm thinking about the BeamTech LED lights, each consumes 25W (less than half of a halogen 55w), is an Amazon's Choice, gets a 4.3/5 rating on 3,400 reviews, not bad, and is cheap.
The Boslla Bullet is cool for its yellow fog-light capability, very nice. Expensive though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
.......At $139 maybe Bill could try out a set and report back if they're worth it?......

I will most likely try a set. Seeing as they have them to fit my old 1991 F-150. (I wouldn't be in a hurry to mess with them on my newer cars). So it would no doubt be a nice improvement. But as Kilmer said, it's best to give them a few months. Being as it's a brand new product, there are bound to be a few kinks or problems. Especially due to the fact it's electric and electronical. My guess is the price will come down a bit as well.

If I get busted after the installation, I'll do my best to report from prison. But that will obviously only happen if they stick me in one of those minimum security joints that allow Internet access. But seeing as I would go down for illegal LED lighting, They'll most likely send me to Colorado's Supermax. No Internet there. Just my new wife, Bubba. Then I'll need you guys to send me cigarettes to avoid sexual enslavement.

Originally Posted by billt460
If I get busted after the installation, I'll do my best to report from prison. But that will obviously only happen if they stick me in one of those minimum security joints that allow Internet access. But seeing as I would go down for illegal LED lighting, They'll most likely send me to Colorado's Supermax. No Internet there. Just my new wife, Bubba. Then I'll need you guys to send me cigarettes to avoid sexual enslavement.
Yep, Stephen King's first writing draft of "Shawshank Redemption" had Andy Dufresne in for LED Headlight Felony. He changed it at the last minute. Make friends with Morgan Freeman in there, my advice....

Originally Posted by diyjake
Skuppy - what led's did you use?

Diode Dynamics SL1, though the Morimoto 2stroke 2.0's and Xenondepot ones are also excellent.

Originally Posted by billt460

You're wouldn't go to jail for it but could face fines or even get your vehicle towed.

The way I see it is you have some choices:
The anti-social idiot choices:
- Just say screw everybody else and install cheap LED bulbs that will put other drivers in danger due to excessive glare and possibly put you in danger because they look bright but have no throw.
- Spend a more money for quality LED bulbs as described by Skippy722 above and probably still cause some excessive glare for other motorists as your headlights are still putting out more light than designed.
The smart choices:
- Install additional driving lights that are either controlled separately or in conjunction with your high beams and leave your low-beams stock.
- Upgrade just your high beams (only works if your vehicle uses separate bulbs for high beam and low-beams).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back