I'm Getting the I-Wants for One of These 2019 Toyota RAV's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, in the other thread I said I was talked out of a new car. But then I saw the 2019 RAV4 in two tone black and white with the Adventure trim level. To me, this is one cool looking compact suv. Just looks awesome to me. Toyota has knocked it out of the park with the Adventure trim pkg. The two tone black and white just kicks on the exterior lines of this baby. Not sure if I can hold out, may end up blowing a bunch of $$$ on one. Help.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It does look much better than all previous generations of RAV4s. The steering wheel looks rubber. Is it leather-wrapped, and just a poor picture?

I do like the looks of the 2019 RAV4. It's so much better than the previous generation.

Appearance, styling? Only one aspect of a vehicle. Don't forget the others when deciding whether to buy. Ride, handling, power, fuel economy, breakdowns, ergonomics, and other factors may be more important than styling. When driving, you only see the interior of your car.

I'm with Zoro. So far I haven't seen many great things in the couple comparo articles so far; the looks have been hit or miss, and the big negatives have been you only get a choice of a single 4-cyl engine (plus hybrid) and no more raging V6.

I can't cast too much of that stone, though, as for some reason (5% of sales wasn't enough) Subaru axed the FXT. Hopefully after a year or two, they will stick the 2.4T in it. Here's hoping, and good luck fighting off the new vehicle bug!

I do laugh every time I see the Tacoma commercial with Chuck Norris, and the tagline for the Tacoma... "Tough as Chuck!"
lol.gif

I too was taken by the initial design so then I test drove it. I found the ride to be bumpy and the engine to be loud and lacking power. Based on my observations I went with a Camry instead.

Originally Posted by Muskieteer
I too was taken by the initial design so then I test drove it. I found the ride to be bumpy and the engine to be loud and lacking power. Based on my observations I went with a Camry instead.

Interesting.

We also found that when considering a new Rav4 back in the mid 00's.

Nice to hear things haven't changed.

You will miss the manual transmission.

If you want "adventure" an absolutely loaded cherokee elite trailhawk is in the low 30's (about 8-10k off sticker)

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I , and the big negatives have been you only get a choice of a single 4-cyl engine (plus hybrid) and no more raging V6.

The V6 has been gone since 2013, people need to get over it. This does look so much better than our robo-mouse 2014 RAV4 but we're in it for 5 more years.

Originally Posted by Rand
You will miss the manual transmission.

If you want "adventure" an absolutely loaded cherokee elite trailhawk is in the low 30's (about 8-10k off sticker)

Hummm... Interesting info. Did Chrysler ever resolve the issues with the 9-speed trans in the Cherokees? I'm guessing yes, since it's been a few yrs.

drove one . the 4s generate their horsepower at some insane high rpm like 6300. they are buzzy and noisy.

the hybrid is better but more complicated, small towm mechanics wont be able to work on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back