How angry pilots got the Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by UncleDave
Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by UncleDave
Agreed, the majority of these so called UFO's were helicopter incursions.

Concurrency between UFO sighting and missile alerts are whats interesting.
What triggered the missiles to go offline concurrent with mere " helicopter incursions" multiple times?

the same in the UK, and Russia.....

Check out Hastings lineup of retired officers its worth a listen/ view. They describe their clearances.

UD

I'll check it out sounds interesting. Thank you

I was quoting molakule but your post beat mine - its worth a watch in any case

This is mostly a testimonial based phenomenon.

Who do you trust?

Should you or I trust Gordon Cooper more than anyone here?

How about captain Terachi? No one I know sacrificed their career over this issue, but he did.

I have a very high level of distrust of both experts and institutions myself starting with the death of my grandfather from an ulcer.
"That cant be an infection no bacteria can live in your gut acid - that guy is a quack."

UD

I agree. That's a great way of looking at it.

My uncle has a Phd in Physics and worked for Northrop Grumman. He worked on some advanced DOD systems. I don't believe everything he says just because he has a Phd. In fact, he would tell me not to LOL. That's what is great about him though....he has no ego and is humble. True sign of confidence not needing to "prove" how smart he is. You can always tell those that try too hard.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/03/harry-reid-on-what-the-government-knows-about-ufos.html

Do I believe this guy? What about Edgar Mitchell, the former Astronaut? Space CEO Robert Bigelow? Who knows....

"You just weren't, in terms of reading the reports that they compiled or visiting the facilities?
Let me give you something that the press has totally failed and conjured. We have hundreds and hundreds of papers, pages of paper, that have been available since this was completed. Most all of it, 80 percent at least, is public. You know something? The press has never even looked at it. Not once. That's where we are. I wanted it public, it was made public, and you guys have not even looked at it.

So, in short, it's my belief you guys kind of want to be spoon-fed. You don't want to do any work on your own."

Originally Posted by talest
So if he was saying it was around in 1989, then it was announced as a newly found thing in 2003 https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=7958

So what? People speculating about element 119, which currently doesn't exist, must be working on alien spacecraft, too? Chemists and physicists have speculated and hypothesised about undiscovered and unsynthesised elements for decades. That doesn't require a non-terrestrial explanation.

NG is a good company to work for.

Originally Posted by buster

...My uncle has a Phd in Physics and worked for Northrop Grumman. He worked on some advanced DOD systems. I don't believe everything he says just because he has a Phd. In fact, he would tell me not to LOL. That's what is great about him though....he has no ego and is humble. True sign of confidence not needing to "prove" how smart he is. You can always tell those that try too hard.

Which is why I stated in post #5088452

...Am I impressed with scientific credentials or the peer review process, no...

Last edited:
Well i saw something in the sky that wasn't like anything that i have seen before , it wasn't a airplane and it was huge just hovering and no engine noise coming from it. The skin or out side was very bright. I only saw it for a few seconds and it was gone . I saw it in early 2017 and some one else also saw it we both reported it to ufo website and we saw it the same time , we were about seven miles from each other.

Thats it! I drove to the Moon already and now there is a bunch of flying things everywhere. I'm gonna have to throw on a OE spoiler or something just to get some street cred. Seen people posting on Twitter about these a lot lately. Have seen one up close awhile back when I had my Hyundai in 2014. Lights spun one direction in a circle then randomly changed rotational pattern and speed. Guess we arent alone.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It seems some people think the U.S. Government knows the answer to this and is afraid to tell the public.

They've been hiding the truth since the early 1900s. Of course they also hide our own history as well.

If you look at NASA/JPL and other space agencies photos of Mars, Venus, Mercury, even Pluto..there is other life out there perhaps they aren't here now, but at some point in time other intelligent life existed. Here's an interesting take on these photos and the possible obfuscation and covering up of evidence on those planets.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYlsNIXKIkRTN5WL6fe_wtQ

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AC1DD
If you look at NASA/JPL and other space agencies photos of Mars, Venus, Mercury, even Pluto..there is other life out there perhaps they aren't here now, but at some point in time other intelligent life existed. Here's an interesting take on these photos and the possible obfuscation and covering up of evidence on those planets.

There has never been and never will be intelligent life on Venus, Mercury or Pluto.

http://www.physics.smu.edu/scalise/www/misc/crackpot/crindex.html

...If you look at NASA/JPL and other space agencies photos of Mars, Venus, Mercury, even Pluto..there is other life out there perhaps they aren't here now, but at some point in time other intelligent life existed...

Speculation is a fun thing to do, but unless you have some physical or biological evidence to present it is just speculation.

So far all evidence points to the Earth as the only planet capable of supporting life, past, present, or future.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

There has never been and never will be intelligent life on Venus, Mercury or Pluto.

http://www.physics.smu.edu/scalise/www/misc/crackpot/crindex.html

Science is constantly throwing out old theories and introducing new ones as time goes by and we learn more.

The truth is we don't know much of anything about what might exist outside of our own immediate environment, scientists even admit this occasionally.
We don't even know much about what's below the oceans on our own planet or what is REALLY deep down towards the core. It's theory and speculation at best.

Many of the sightings now, especially in low lighting conditions are just drones. Remember crop circles? It was a prank, now people are can easily prank others with high flying drones and LED light patterns.

On the another note, if there is an alien civilization capable of finding earth in the vastness of the universe and then actually making the journey, why would they stay in hiding, only showing dubious looking light shows, and blurry/out of focus shapes on cameras?
If they really wanted to stay hidden, don't anyone think they would have the technology to do it 100% effectively? If they are so advanced, why play childish games?

How do we know what a highly advanced civilization or creatures might think or react?

Then again it could be that they are "observing" us much like we do zoo animals, hands off to see our natural development in our own environment.

Science is constantly throwing out old theories and introducing new ones as time goes by and we learn more.

The truth is we don't know much of anything about what might exist outside of our own immediate environment, scientists even admit this occasionally.
We don't even know much about what's below the oceans on our own planet or what is REALLY deep down towards the core. It's theory and speculation at best.

No, you know nothing about chemistry, physics or planetary geology. There is zero possibility that anything at all lived on Mercury, Venus or Pluto, much less intelligent life. You really couldn't have picked worse examples from our solar system.

TV programs are my source of advanced education.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn

No, you know nothing about chemistry, physics or planetary geology. There is zero possibility that anything at all lived on Mercury, Venus or Pluto, much less intelligent life. You really couldn't have picked worse examples from our solar system.

I think the reality is that if we judge everything from the outer part of our solar system to exoplanets by what we have on Earth, what's possible on Earth, and what we don't know about Earth Science, then I don't know if you can answer in definitives. It wasn't that long ago that scientists were surprised by the bacteria around the hydrothermal vents on the seafloor that lived without the backbone of sunlight supporting them in boiling temperatures. It wouldn't be that far-fetched that an organism could live on another planet in the solar system if the morphology and elements around it's existence don't exist on earth. Whether someone wants to extrapolate that idea to apply to the existence of extraterrestrial beings elsewhere is another thing.

My late mom used to list scientific statements from history ( some fairly recent history ) that were closer to 180 degrees from the truth. I'd be much more interested in what the "tac tac" UFO incidences were than arguing about extraterrestrials or what is or isn't possible in current scientific understanding. If something is documented that can defy or bend the laws of physics as we know them, then you might be able to categorize that as a kind of truth that's beyond us. I have no idea if the entities behind the "tic tac" are extraterrestrials, dimensional travelers, back-engineered alien technology, or anything else that skeptics can glomp onto...only that their ( or its ) existence seems to be becoming clearer.

Consider that in our home galaxy there are maybe 200B stars (we don't really know that even in our home galaxy) enough of which are orbited by planets that there are maybe 100B of them.
Some are bound to be terrestrial planets not unlike our own, planets that would support life as we know it.
Assume a civilization just a millennium or so older that ours.
How much farther would they have advanced technically?
Technology builds upon itself exponentially. Just eighty years after the Wrights crashed their first Flier on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, a hundred or so people were flying at Mach 2 on an airliner across the Atlantic while sipping real Champagne and nibbling caviar on points of toast.
Where will we be in technical capability in even fifty years?
My point is that there must be intelligent life out there and some of it might have been around for enough more years to have developed technical capabilities well beyond what we can now imagine, like the ability to operate at near light speeds, something we're nowhere near now.
A post-consumption society that's perfected fusion would have no reason to prey upon our little world.

Of course we are not alone in the universe but all our efforts so far
to contact that distance life has gained us 0.0 response... beyond
SETI listening experiments we have launched calls cards... Voyager
spacecraft was boosted with enough energy, after many gravity assist
from the likes of Jupiter and Saturn, to escape beyond our solar
system... On board is a gold record album containing diverse sounds
from Earth including the human heart beat, whale sounds, and musical
selections from around the world including Beethoven and Chuck
Berry... its not clear whether aliens will have a clue what they are
listening to but if they come back with a request for more Chuck Berry
I'd say they might be fun bunch to get to know...

[Linked Image]

They'll be using telepathy, long having since abandoned radio signals that only travel at the speed of light.

the record will make as much sense to them as a pianola reel handed to a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back