Scotty Kilmer Bio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people think Scotty is dumb or may not agree with him but check this out. Not sure if it's true but interesting.

Scotty Kilmer accumulated much of his wealth from YouTube advertising and affiliate marketing. His YouTube channel gets an average 1.1 million views per day, which should result in an estimated revenue of about $4,400 a day and about $1.6 million a year, all from the ads that appear on this videos. He also generates income from his Amazon affiliate commission income and sales of merchandise. His other income comes from his automobile repair business which has been in operation for over 50 years now. His estimated net worth is $7 million.

https://heightline.com/scotty-kilmer-bio-age-wife-net-worth/

He's a smart businessman. And he didn't get that way by being stupid. Much like Trump, people like to trash him because they disagree with him. But instead of providing intelligent rebuttals, they attack his bombastic personality. A lot of what he say's is simple common sense. I'm not saying the guy is right 100% of the time, no one is. But he's certainly no fool. I've gotten a lot of good information off many of his videos. I'm noticing in a lot of his more recent uploads, he has toned himself down quite a bit.

Originally Posted by billt460
He's a smart businessman. And he didn't get that way by being stupid. Much like Trump, people like to trash him because they disagree with him. But instead of providing intelligent rebuttals, they attack his bombastic personality. A lot of what he say's is simple common sense. I'm not saying the guy is right 100% of the time, no one is. But he's certainly no fool. I've gotten a lot of good information off many of his videos. I'm noticing in a lot of his more recent uploads, he has toned himself down quite a bit.

I agree with you and You can not listen to people, friend. There is one article that chastised him for calling Mercedes a complicated and expensive car. They made fun of him pretty well for asking if someone wants a car that can tell you the trunk light is out.

Competition, Is Eric The Car Guy equally as savvy?

Originally Posted by talest
There is one article that chastised him for calling Mercedes a complicated and expensive car. They made fun of him pretty well for asking if someone wants a car that can tell you the trunk light is out.

I totally agree with his assessment of most foreign luxury cars. (Including both Mercedes and BMW). They are beautiful vehicles. No one questions that. But they are ungodly expensive if you plan to keep them well beyond the warranty. And in most all of his videos concerning them, he has shown why. Naturally BMW and Mercedes worshippers attack him for it. Not because of what he say's, but how he say's it. I'll choose truth and common sense delivered in a somewhat obnoxious manner. To an articulate, well spoken B.S. artist.

There is one article that chastised him for calling Mercedes a complicated and expensive car. They made fun of him pretty well for asking if someone wants a car that can tell you the trunk light is out.

I totally agree with his assessment of most foreign luxury cars. (Including both Mercedes and BMW). They are beautiful vehicles. No one questions that. But they are ungodly expensive if you plan to keep them well beyond the warranty. And in most all of his videos concerning them, he has shown why. Naturally BMW and Mercedes worshippers attack him for it. Not because of what he say's, but how he say's it. I'll choose truth and common sense delivered in a somewhat obnoxious manner. To an articulate, well spoken B.S. artist.

01.gif

Anyone wishing to wash their cats as in catalytic converters then put them back on and use laquer thinner in the gas tank, Scotty Kilmer is your guy.

I agree with you and You can not listen to people, friend. There is one article that chastised him for calling Mercedes a complicated and expensive car. They made fun of him pretty well for asking if someone wants a car that can tell you the trunk light is out.

Competition, Is Eric The Car Guy equally as savvy?

I agree with Scotty. I own a Mercedes and it is a complicated and expensive car. Many things on it are very expensive to fix.

Another thing I have come to notice with both automotive videos, as well as firearm evaluation videos, is there are a lot of You Tube posters who don't know when to shut up. They love to hear themselves talk. Their videos seem to drag on almost endlessly. I can't sit through a 25 minute video on how to do a oil change. Or a 45 minute video of someone evaluating a semi auto pistol.

Show me the weapon with a good camera and lighting. Field strip it, show the internals, put it back together, and shoot it. What really gets me are some the these, "firearm unboxing" videos. The guy will sit there babbling for 5 minutes before he even opens the box so you can see the thing. For guns it's why I like Sootch00 and Mr. Guns & Gear.

They review a lot of guns. They keep their videos just long enough, yet deliver all the information you need to hear. They give a good presentation and history of the weapon, quickly and to the point. Without babbling on and on for 45 minutes. Starting with what they had for breakfast 3 days before the gun was delivered to them. (Nut'N'Fancy and a few others are famous for this).

Big Daddy Hoffman 1911 is also another good firearm reviewer. Lot's of shooting with minimal talking. Hickok 45 can sometimes go on too long. But his videos are basically informative, and you can skip through what you don't want to waste time viewing, and still get a lot of good information on the weapon quickly, while seeing it shot.

Scotty is cut from similar cloth when it comes to cars. As are a few others. While a few of his earlier videos are a bit over lengthily, most are just long enough to deliver good information, without boring you.

I met Scotty at the Ohio Gumout TRC event. He a nice guy with a lot of energy. I enjoyed chatting with him over the course of a couple days. ChrisFix is also smart and a nice guy, just not as wound up as Scotty.

Originally Posted by wwillson
I met Scotty at the Ohio Gumout TRC event. He a nice guy with a lot of energy. I enjoyed chatting with him over the course of a couple days. ChrisFix is also smart and a nice guy, just not as wound up as Scotty.

Chrisfix's videos have been very helpful. Did he show his face?

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Today if you have the right personality and decent YouTube content, you can become a millionaire with all your subscribers.

Found his estimated worth at $1.5m … never sure how accurate those are … but seems he'd have gotten a nice shop along the way … unless the junky home garage is just a film set … LoL …

Naturally BMW and Mercedes worshippers attack him for it. Not because of what he say's, but how he say's it. I'll choose truth and common sense delivered in a somewhat obnoxious manner. To an articulate, well spoken B.S. artist.

Nothing like stirring a pot by calling some group of folks "worshippers" with limited evidence on context.

To me the videos aren't watchable for more than a few minutes because of the pauses and construction of the videos, not because of something being said being obnoxious per se. And some of the content can be considered hack, or unsubstantiated opinion. Maybe it makes one feel good out of jealousy or shared opinion, I don't know...

Anyone wishing to wash their cats as in catalytic converters then put them back on and use laquer thinner in the gas tank, Scotty Kilmer is your guy.

Thats an interesting point. I think more people get a rise over what can be conceived as hack fixes then over what he says about BMW or Mercedes vehicles. They are indeed hacks, but there's a fine line between things that have some rationale and things that don't. The reality is that if lacquer thinner causes a higher converter temperature, within some bounds it can reinvigorate catalysts. If the converter is well greased/oiled up, cleaning it can help free up coated surface area to possibly increase active catalyst. Catalysis is all about surface area, so his example, while possibly not long lived, is possibly viable. In all cases an OE cat is better than aftermarket. I lived that with real readings when I had a NOx issue in an old car of mine. So giving something like this a try before spending big bucks on a proper cat, isn't the worst idea.

All in all the guy knows somewhat how to fix things, and can monetize it. He gets viewers, whether people agree with his ways, style, tact, etc. It's simple enough to not watch his videos if one is against what is said or done.

I reject opinion presented as fact every time, especially when delivered in an obnoxious manner. As well as the incredibly obvious. Entertainment value if you enjoy sitting there saying "Yeah yeah Scotty that's right you tell them. A 1995 Corolla is way more car than anything built in the last 10 years." No thanks.

Can Scott Kilmer and Pintrest both vanish from the internet? Neither serve any purpose.

What I find disappointing is he runs so many "Truth about Audi" or (whatever brand) videos … and I'm always looking for more stats and less laughter from him when he hears a claim he does not accept …

Another thing I have come to notice with both automotive videos, as well as firearm evaluation videos, is there are a lot of You Tube posters who don't know when to shut up. They love to hear themselves talk. Their videos seem to drag on almost endlessly. I can't sit through a 25 minute video on how to do a oil change. Or a 45 minute video of someone evaluating a semi auto pistol.

Show me the weapon with a good camera and lighting. Field strip it, show the internals, put it back together, and shoot it. What really gets me are some the these, "firearm unboxing" videos. The guy will sit there babbling for 5 minutes before he even opens the box so you can see the thing. For guns it's why I like Sootch00 and Mr. Guns & Gear.

They review a lot of guns. They keep their videos just long enough, yet deliver all the information you need to hear. They give a good presentation and history of the weapon, quickly and to the point. Without babbling on and on for 45 minutes. Starting with what they had for breakfast 3 days before the gun was delivered to them. (Nut'N'Fancy and a few others are famous for this).

Big Daddy Hoffman 1911 is also another good firearm reviewer. Lot's of shooting with minimal talking. Hickok 45 can sometimes go on too long. But his videos are basically informative, and you can skip through what you don't want to waste time viewing, and still get a lot of good information on the weapon quickly, while seeing it shot.

Scotty is cut from similar cloth when it comes to cars. As are a few others. While a few of his earlier videos are a bit over lengthily, most are just long enough to deliver good information, without boring you.

As to the firearms channels. Field tests, torture tests https://www.youtube.com/user/Iraqveteran8888 I am done with FPS Russia and DemoRanch https://www.youtube.com/user/DemolitionRanch

For cars, South Main Auto Repair is good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtAGzm9e_liY7ko1PBhzTHA as is ScannerDanner and Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics https://www.youtube.com/user/motoYam82

Scotty Kilmer has a long video explaining why Honda's 1.5T engine has a fuel dilution problem and why he would never own one. This was backed up by smelling the dipstick, changing the engine oil and showing the HPFP on a Honda CRV. The example CRV had a 2.4L non-turbo engine. ‘Nuf said...

Last edited:
Well, I find him extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. I don't agree with everything he says but I have "rung his bell." He has helped me several times.

My goodness, he has a few million that like him and listen to him.

My mechanic loves Lucas. He promotes Lucas products. I don't use Lucas in anything. He has fixed so many cars that dealerships couldn't fix that I merely
overlook his "Lucas Love" and remind myself how talented he is. He's sorta like Scotty. He is very opinionated and can be obnoxious but I always know
where he stands. I have tremendous respect for him as do I have respect for Scotty.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Well, I find him extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. I don't agree with everything he says but I have "rung his bell." He has helped me several times.

My goodness, he has a few million that like him and listen to him.

My mechanic loves Lucas. He promotes Lucas products. I don't use Lucas in anything. He has fixed so many cars that dealerships couldn't fix that I merely
overlook his "Lucas Love" and remind myself how talented he is. He's sorta like Scotty. He is very opinionated and can be obnoxious but I always know
where he stands. I have tremendous respect for him as do I have respect for Scotty.

I once had a mechanic that put at least one quart of Lucas in anything. Late-model car? Did not matter, it's getting some Lucas and some 10W-30 at the thinnest and it will never have a problem. I do believe I had to change the oil myself every time after getting the car back from this individual. He was a good wrench, and always tried to charge a little less than book rate over simple fixes as a courtesy if he knew and liked you, but he felt he knew more than the manufacturer and owners manual bout the motor oil.

His shop has since closed, only due to retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back