Pentosin CHF 11S alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chuckh
I was in Autozone earlier today and saw Pentofluid EHF. They say it is compatible with CHF-11S and possibly CHF 202 (they are similar). The price is $12.99 I saw it while I was in to get some CHF-202 (cheaper than CHF-11S). There is that Prestone stuff also but I WILL NOT pay that price for that little bottle of mystery fluid when there is Pentosin next to it cheaper per ounce. The Prestone is around 12.99 and it is a 12 ounce bottle. Per ounce the Prestone stuff is horribly expensive, I would not use that one anyhow even if it was free or they paid me to take it. It just gives me even more reason to stick to Pentosin. Prestone must be trying to pull the wool over our eyes and make us think it is the best stuff with the high price per once. I am not fooled that easily!! Compare the fluids how much they sell for and how much you get and you will see what I mean. I always found it less expensive to buy more anyhow because a lot of stuff it cheaper in the long run that way.

I am just attempting to research the Pentofluid EHF but there are not a lot of search results yet. How new is it? Has anyone heard of it before today or tried it? I could not find it on Pentosin's website (odd). I will look again because I just wonder if they didn't update their website yet. I should send an email to them with a few questions.

Yeah, the Prestone Euro is overpriced now
mad.gif

Walmart used to carry it for $5 for that 12oz bottle.

Napa has Febi brand for $10. But this month, with the 20% off, it's only $8!

Good find on that EHF though. That is awesome
thumbsup2.gif

I can never find the Febi stuff locally but some places if you order $49 worth of stuff the shipping is free. I might do that. I don't want to get it from Napa because they hate getting stuck with a case of it just because someone reserved a couple. They usually have to take a full case of it when it comes by the case. Aside from telling me about that they are usually friendly and helpful but I won't reserve small amounts of stuff like this with them. I will get it if it is already there and maybe see if they have some more in the back. I got the product data sheet and MSDS for that Pentofluid EHF. Where to upload those to? I would if I knew because the Pentosin website mentions nothing about that fluid yet. Someone at CRP Industries sent me the two files. They are both PDF and close to 128 each so they are very quick easy downloads. From the looks of the MSDS the fluid is mostly hydrocracked. If you look at CHF-202 it has CAS: 68649-11-6 which seems to be Chevron Synfluid PAO 2 in it. The Pentofluid is 50 - 100% CAS: 72623-86-0 and is a hydrotreated oil. I am not so sure I would switch from CHF-202 for this stuff. I would only use a German fluid known to be an OEM fluid for German cars and not that over priced Prestone stuff. It is difficult to say with enough certainty which Prestone products are OK for these cars. I might be willing to try the Prestone in a non German car if I had one and it was more reasonably priced but until I start to read good things everywhere I will let them keep their overpriced pseudosyn fluid.

Prestone European formual actually says approved for Pentosin CHF 11S

Prestone AS268 Power Steering Fluid for European Vehicles - 12 oz.

Premium full-synthetic formulation specifically engineered for European vehicles
Provides protection against wear, foaming, and corrosion to maintain optimal performance
Designed for extreme temperatures while also providing excellent operation in low temperatures
Delivers excellent oxidative stability for extended fluid life
Suitable for use where CHF 7.1, 202, or 11S fluids are recommended

Personally I like Febi-Bilstein Power Steering Fluid CHF 11S much more...
However you can get Prestone Euro anyplace like walmart or Advance or Autozone.
Now I do know what some Advance Autos do carry Febi and Pentosin CHF 11s

Originally Posted by Chuckh
I can never find the Febi stuff locally but some places if you order $49 worth of stuff the shipping is free. I might do that. I don't want to get it from Napa because they hate getting stuck with a case of it just because someone reserved a couple. They usually have to take a full case of it when it comes by the case. Aside from telling me about that they are usually friendly and helpful but I won't reserve small amounts of stuff like this with them. I will get it if it is already there and maybe see if they have some more in the back. I got the product data sheet and MSDS for that Pentofluid EHF. Where to upload those to? I would if I knew because the Pentosin website mentions nothing about that fluid yet. Someone at CRP Industries sent me the two files. They are both PDF and close to 128 each so they are very quick easy downloads. From the looks of the MSDS the fluid is mostly hydrocracked. If you look at CHF-202 it has CAS: 68649-11-6 which seems to be Chevron Synfluid PAO 2 in it. The Pentofluid is 50 - 100% CAS: 72623-86-0 and is a hydrotreated oil. I am not so sure I would switch from CHF-202 for this stuff. I would only use a German fluid known to be an OEM fluid for German cars and not that over priced Prestone stuff. It is difficult to say with enough certainty which Prestone products are OK for these cars. I might be willing to try the Prestone in a non German car if I had one and it was more reasonably priced but until I start to read good things everywhere I will let them keep their overpriced pseudosyn fluid.

Some Advance Auto Parts stores do.. You have to make sure it a Advance location that has a commercial section... Basically a Advance thats not retail / DIY only.... They usually have all the good stuff in the back in commerical area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back