Using G13 after flushing Toyota coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Is there any danger using G13 (Si-OAT) coolant in Toyota engines after completely cleaning the circuit with cleaner and tap water?

We did it in a 1KR engine and I'm wondering about it, even if I think that it won't cause problems because it's flushed completely from the oem coolant or whatever that was in.

Coolant used: Krafft G13 Hybrid Si-OAT

I wouldn't use it. The coolant is great for systems designed for certain year VW's and Audi's, but not Asian vehicles. One difference could be that is that auto makers that specify
G13 coolant design the water pump seal to handle a silicate containing coolant.

Originally Posted by Superflan
Hi,

Is there any danger using G13 (Si-OAT) coolant in Toyota engines after completely cleaning the circuit with cleaner and tap water?

Why would you, that spec is for VW. And I would be using distilled water instead of tap.

Last edited:
I don't know if it will hurt your engine.

I do know I only use Toyota OEM (Red ir Pink) coolant in all my vehicles.

I think coolant has become a bigger mystery than engine oil lol. I have a Ford, a Honda, a 2011 VW and a 2017 Audi and all call for a different coolant. It could bring an OCD person to tears.

I've been using plain old green Prestone in the yellow bottle, mixed with distilled water in my 2002 Toyota Sequoia for 14 years. No problems, leaks, or any other cooling problems. i use Prestone in older (early 2000's) BMW's as well, with the same results as the Toyota.

The only cars I don't use the green stuff in are GM cars. I stick with Dex-Cool in those.

I hate all the special coolants they have now. It seems like such a complicated solution to what should be (and was) a simple problem. i have to wonder if coolant has become just another profit center for manufacturers now.

The problem is that, even though most manufacturers now use very similar metallurgy, gaskets and etc.
None of them agree on what is best.

I am a fan of VW's Si-OAT coolants ( G12++ and G13 ), after much reading books on coolant and corrosion inhibitors i came to the conclusion that it's a great versatile coolant technology.
So much so that my two Fords are running G12++, due to the huge popularity of VW in Spain it' easy to get any G-XX coolant anywhere.

The older G12 is almost considered a universal coolant here, a local shop i have close by uses it in everything when they perform any job that requires a complete drain of the cooling system.

Last edited:
That's the key in alot of cases is that the system be totally flushed. Mix one with another may lead to problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back