Jeopardy contestant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched Jeopardy since Art Fleming hosted in the 60's. This guy James Holshauer, has won over one million dollars in the last few weeks. Ken Jennings wouldn't stand a chance against him. Unbelievable how diverse his knowledge is. Anybody else watching?

He is awesome. I have been reading the episode reports on the Jeopardy Reddit page to see how he does every morning before watching at night.

I always told my wife the contestants don't bet properly and told her a poker player or sports gambler would know what to do. Here it is.

Heard he practiced with the buzzer at home to get real good at it. And he studied a lot for the show.

Jeopardy is getting such a bargain paying out the winnings given the hype, social media buzz and attention the show is getting.Massive ROI on this guy.

Was surprised he didn't know "testa rossa" . Even I knew that! Of course that may have been the only question I answered correctly ....ahem

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Leo99
I always told my wife the contestants don't bet properly and told her a poker player or sports gambler would know what to do. Here it is.

Absolutely, and it never should have taken this long. When the Jeopardy computer game first came out, we were playing it in the lab in high school. We always started at the bottom to get the most expensive ones first. Then you can really lay a wager on the Daily Double.

As long as he keeps getting the Daily Doubles with some cash already in hand he's pretty much unstoppable.

T'would be pretty frustrating to be an opponent of his.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ursatdx
How does one study everything?
He is the most knowledgeable person I have ever seen.

You are given a list of topics to study. Obviously the list is greater than what you are actually questioned on. From my experience watching the show, probably 60% of the questions are somewhat common knowledge.

I have found I know probably 80% of the answers...I just have all sorts of random facts bouncing around in my head.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
I have found I know probably 80% of the answers...I just have all sorts of random facts bouncing around in my head.

Some days I know about 95% of the answers and some days I'm down about 60%. I don't know much about art or opera and I'm weak in history.

That was the highest losing amount in the show's history. Against any other player Adam would have easily won. The Reddit Jeopardy page posts an episode recap every morning and I have to read it so I am not in suspense all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back