2019 L5P Duramax, Delvac 1300 15W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to add an L5P UOA. GM made significant internal changes with this version of the DMax, but it appears wear rates will be in line with the earlier versions in
dnewton3's database. Oil sampled and changed at 5% on the OLM. From comments in other Dmax UOAs, copper can be elevated with a change of syn oils, but the factory fill is supposed to be Delvac 1300 and this fill was the dealer free oil change and is supposed to be Delvac 1300, but I can't actually confirm that. This gives me 9,000 miles on the same oil so I would have liked for copper to have normalized. It's still probably the oil cooler so we'll see how it trends. I don't like the silicon number. I checked my intake and everything is tightened down properly, so maybe an uncured sealant? The other L5P UOA is running about one OCI ahead of me, he had 14,000 miles, and his did not show a high silicon.

While I checked the oil not changed block, I did change to Rotella T5 15W-40. I'll sample and post that at 5K or so.

Wendell Pe_Unit1_Diesel Eng_Normal_41619950.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 21
I just sent in a UOA for me L5P with 13,000 miles total - will post as soon as I get it back

Edit to clarify I have 9,000 miles on the same brand of oil, not 9K on one fill. Factory fill drained at 4200 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back