How angry pilots got the Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to know

E048AA85-6552-4CFF-A838-89545172C259.jpeg

Last edited:
My step dad used for work for NASA in Florida before Obama shut it down.

My stepdad told me his boss when asked will simply say there are things in the universe that we the general public have no knowledge about.

Take it for what its worth people,and also know this,I've got pictures in my own email of pictures of NASA related launches that the public has never seen.

Many people have information,if they choose to share that,thats another thing.

I saw the donuts on a rope contrail and a quick fleeting glance of a glint from an aircraft hauling donkey way back in the 1990's. Northern California, Thanksgiving Day about 8 am. Craft was flying due South. UFO? Yes. Explanation....possibly the purported Aurora. Is it possible we are being visited by alien aircraft? Possible I suppose but unless someone figures out faster than speed of light travel, highly improbable.
I saw a television show that explained all sorts of paranormal anomalies as parallel existences that cross over into our realm. Many physicists say there may be validity to this belief. Explains a lot if true.

Last edited:
I try to keep my my mind open on this but its hard without any real tangible evidence.

Religion and ufo's fall into the same category in my mind.

The supposed death of Kim Jong Il was a ruse, now he spends his time taunting the US armed forces in a flying saucer he designed and built himself!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by madRiver
I try to keep my my mind open on this but its hard without any real tangible evidence.

Religion and ufo's fall into the same category in my mind.

Agreed there have been common visual events that occur a century apart or more going back thousands of years.
Light displays could be caused by most anything and it's easy to leap to a conclusion when you don't know what it is.
My father in the UP encountered the paulding light up close over his pickup, very bright, it drained his battery and moved linearly on the power line.
He also had encountered ball lightning close up twice , which is extraordinarily rare Oddly ball lightning is extremely rare but very common in the UP compared to other regions. He noted a light in the sky over Lake Superior moving rapidly and irradically.

Next it has been found that a sleeping human exposed to the correct magnetic radiation will dream about grays
I've had many dreams where I felt awake (not about aliens) and my guess is we have a vivid imagination that in itself isn't fully understood

Originally Posted by demarpaint
To think we are the only beings that exist in the universe imo is totally wrong.

This ^^^

I also think the reason the US government and world governments aren't admitting to these UFO's is because they don't want to admit that there are things they don't understand because it admits a gap in their security and they also don't want to institute panic with the public. Also think of what that would mean for various faiths and what problem that could create if their worlds were turned upside down by the admission of the existence of life from other worlds.

That's my take. And to the OP, cool thread. Thanks
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Wether we are alone in the universe or not is quite irrelevant to the UFO discussion. The probability of a more advanced civilization than human beings is very low, chance of that civilization actually finding Earth in the universe is even lower and lastly chances of that civilization having means of propulsion that would take them outside of their own planetary system and to our is extremely close to 0.

UFO phenomenon was in all probability created by US government and the reason they don't want to investigate it is because they take full advantage of the mystycism it creates.

I always find it very interesting how most people will argue because the universe is so vast, there must be other life forms out there, yet they very quickly forget how that same vastness of the universe, lowers the probability of other life finding us.

In the end it all cancels out.

Last edited:
The probability of a more advanced civilization than human beings is very low

That's a very naive and arrogant way of thinking, no offense to you. Even from the scientists that try so hard to prove that mathematically.

Originally Posted by buster

That's a very naive and arrogant way of thinking, no offense to you. Even from the scientists that try so hard to prove that mathematically.

I think you misunderstood. A low probability in a universe that contains possibly trillions of galaxies will still turn out to a big possible number.

But please explain, how will they be able to find us, never mind actually travel to our planet?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KrisZ

I think you misunderstood. A low probability in a universe that contains possibly trillions of galaxies will still turn out to a big possible number.

But please explain, how will they be able to find us, never mind actually travel to our planet?

This is the correct answer. The distances required to travel is the real deal breaker imo unless these ET's live on a spacecraft that can last thousands and thousands of years while supporting the advanced biological beings aboard and travel at light speed and above.

We are atoms inside an alien juvenile's computer pinball game, where UFOs whizzing by are shiny spheres bouncing off bumpers, the rotating tops of which we can't see because they spin into and out of another dimension.

Only cats, when they appear to stare at nothing, see the full spinning spheres, only dogs hear the bumper boings and only people over 50 know what's really going on because only they know what a pinball machine is.

The world will end with a massive world-wide earthquake when the juvinile's third tentacle hits the side of the computer and a huge TILT splashes from pole to pole across the sky and we fade to nothing, with only the blinking TILT remaining.

Last edited:

If super-advanced aliens existed, we'd have as much trouble spotting them as a caveman would have spotting advanced technological life from Central Park. Evidence of their existence would be everywhere in the form of mega-engineering projects that would be visible from thousands of light years away (or, in some cases, from the far side of the galaxy).

And they could colonize the entire galaxy by accident in ten million years. That's only 1% of the speed of light, which is a speed we're likely to be able to reach in a century or so.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
To think we are the only beings that exist in the universe imo is totally wrong.

As an amateur astronomer, I'd agree. The numbers are beyond staggering. In fact panspermia seems likely. (panspermia, the interstellar travel of dormant life, over millions of years)

However, it's unfeasible to believe we have random and elusive visitors. Many people don't understand that even nuclear power is insufficient for rapid interstellar travel.

As a high time pilot, I've never seen anything otherworldly. The only out of the ordinary flying object I've ever seen was an offshore, low altitude missile in flight, and it behaved as expected, with limited rocket engine duration.

Originally Posted by Cujet
As an amateur astronomer, I'd agree. The numbers are beyond staggering.

But that's meaningless when we have no idea how unlikely intelligent life is.

I'm pretty sure there's other life out there, because basic life seems to arise easily here on Earth. But I don't see any reason to believe there's any other life like us, at least in this galaxy; there are odd things happening in other galaxies that could be some kind of mega-engineering going on.

Many people don't understand that even nuclear power is insufficient for rapid interstellar travel.

You don't need rapid interstellar travel. 1% of the speed of light is enough to colonize the galaxy in ten million years. In fact, the ease of interstellar travel is one of the reasons to believe we are alone; our galaxy is about thirteen billion years old, so it could have been colonized in roughly 0.05% of its lifetime if anyone else did exist out there.

In fact, you could say that the size of the numbers gives us good reason to believe we are alone, rather than the opposite. Colonizing the galaxy is trivial on those kinds of timescales.

The argument of probability is only relevant if you view the universe as one known universe with a known quantity of space. I feel we are being quite ignorant here.

There can be an infinite number of universes in which every possible scenario has happened, who are we to believe we know what is a low probability unless we reference our own limited parameters. We only think we know. Science once believed the world rode on the back of a turtle, amongst many other things.

Yes, that's another issue with probabilistic arguments: there could be a trillion empty universes out there where nothing ever evolved to the point where it could ask where the life was in its universe. We'd never even know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back