Joined the Havoline box club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
[Linked Image]

Looks like your store is well stocked--

My local WM is in the process of being updated to a Super WM. It's about 60% complete. But, it still looks like they're testing missiles in there.
Last week, or the week before, I found the PRO DS stocked at the very top shelf above M1. Now, who's going to look up there for PRO DS? Now they have a section just for Havoline. And yes, it's very well stocked.

The stores only have the Havoline ProDS synthetic 5W-20 & 5W-30. You can get those two items, 0W-20 and 10W-30 on Walmart.com. I ordered ship-to-store last Thursday and the box was ready for pickup the next day. A great way to do it so you don't have to worry if the shelf is out of stock!

Got my 2 boxes today. These things are way smaller than what I thought. Like a little bigger than a large cereal box.
[Linked Image]

Good deal man ^^^^^^

Yeah these boxes are really quite all right. I like it like the design a fair amount. And a very good price per qt.

Picked mine up today. Walmart still doesn't carry in stock so I had to order. What found interesting is that it is Chrysler, Fiat, and Ford no Dexos certification. Doesn't matter since it meets the spec I needed. You can order right one for different manufacturers certification that you need.

20190424_210620.jpg

20190424_210652.jpg

There is no Dexos on 5w20 or 10w30
Originally Posted by tiger862
Picked mine up today. Walmart still doesn't carry in stock so I had to order. What found interesting is that it is Chrysler, Fiat, and Ford no Dexos certification. Doesn't matter since it meets the spec I needed. You can order right one for different manufacturers certification that you need.

I guess Chevron decided not to go after that Dexos approval... The 0w20 seems to be the one that gets more suggested use by many other manufacturers. I think that's why they decided not to go after the Dexos approval.

Originally Posted by bbhero
I guess Chevron decided not to go after that Dexos approval... The 0w20 seems to be the one that gets more suggested use by many other manufacturers. I think that's why they decided not to go after the Dexos approval.

That sounds reasonable. The difference between the two grades is very tiny.

Yeah and the real deal is the 0w20 can be a good bit of group 4 at times. Mobil 1 0w20 EP is blended that way...

I hear ya. I've got mine waiting to go in here soon. Sadly, I'm still using the old fashioned jugs instead of the box.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I hear ya. I've got mine waiting to go in here soon. Sadly, I'm still using the old fashioned jugs instead of the box.

Is that going into your CX-5?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Is that going into your CX-5?

Yep.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

My local WM is in the process of being updated to a Super WM. It's about 60% complete. But, it still looks like they're testing missiles in there.
Last week, or the week before, I found the PRO DS stocked at the very top shelf above M1. Now, who's going to look up there for PRO DS? Now they have a section just for Havoline. And yes, it's very well stocked.

They may have just thrown it in an open a spot on the shelf until the next aisle reset.

I'm not sure why the 5w20 Pro DS doesn't have the d1G2 certification. The 0w20 has it as well as 5w30.

It's probably not worth licensing. If you look at the Dexos license chart, ACDelco doesn't have a 5w-20 Dexos oil either. If a GM car calls for 5W-20, just put 0W-20 in it, or another brand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Got my 2 boxes today. These things are way smaller than what I thought. Like a little bigger than a large cereal box.
[Linked Image]

I was wrong in my earlier post. Those are actually perfectly sized for shelving. Great surface area for branding and shallow for stock.

Hopefully this catches on with other brands.

Originally Posted by BLND1
[Linked Image]

I was wrong in my earlier post. Those are actually perfectly sized for shelving. Great surface area for branding and shallow for stock.

Yep. The pictures don't really portray the size well. I'm guessing they are slightly bigger than a large box of corn flakes cereal.

Originally Posted by BLND1
[Linked Image]

The only problem I could see is if they absorb any oil from a broken container, it would be a disaster.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
When do I get my member patch.

It's a small silver "Havoline - Deposit Shield" badge for your lapel.

[Linked Image]

Well I forgot how gravity and fluids worked, spilled a bunch of oil in my driveway
crazy2.gif
But got it cleaned up and officially joined the box club

57ACD26A-AA39-4150-B722-D49FA63973C7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back