How angry pilots got the Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

"If I came to you and said, ‘There are these things that can fly over our country with impunity, defying the laws of physics, and within moments could deploy a nuclear device at will,' that would be a matter of national security," Elizondo said.

With the number of U.S. military personnel in the Air Force and Navy who described the same observations, the noise level could not be ignored.

"This type of activity is very alarming," Elizondo said, "and people are recognizing there are things in our aerospace that lie beyond our understanding."

Just bc someone is a pilot does not mean he is not a nut or made a mistake. And a UFO is just that an unidentified flying object. That is what they are seeing. No sane person believes they are here from outer space.

Originally Posted by Al
Just bc someone is a pilot does not mean he is not a nut or made a mistake. And a UFO is just that an unidentified flying object. That is what they are seeing. No sane person believes they are here from outer space.

True, a UFO is simply an unidentified object. However Al, if I told anyone in the year 1500, not that long ago, that we would have iphones, visit the moon, computers among other things, they would have said "you're nuts". If something is or has been contacting us, it would appear to us as magic most likely. The distances are so far between planets it would have to be incredibly advanced technology.

Originally Posted by buster
True, a UFO is simply an unidentified object. However Al, if I told anyone in the year 1500, not that long ago, that we would have iphones, visit the moon, computers among other things, they would have said "you're nuts". If something is or has been contacting us, it would appear to us as magic most likely. The distances are so far between planets it would have to be incredibly advanced technology.

Why would that incredible technology not include some sort of.....stealth? If there is no need for stealth, then why not make contact??????????????

Maybe in their world, they have stealth due to high crime rates.

Originally Posted by Al

Isaac Asimov said (I paraphrase): "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by Al

Why would that incredible technology not include some sort of.....stealth? If there is no need for stealth, then why not make contact??????????????

There's a reason these things don't get picked up on radar....and that's your stealth technology... I don't think that works vs plain old vision....

And if you've seen the first wave of Star Trek movies, then you know that the more advanced civilizations waited until we here on Earth discovered faster-than-light travel....THEN made contact. Perhaps some alien society is doing the same and who knows what their trigger is. Or perhaps they've already been in touch and the governments of the world have decided not to tell anyone.

Or maybe our leaders are aliens.
Or maybe it's hogwash.

Until we know for sure, we don't know.

Lots of people claim to see extraordinary things. Bigfoot, aliens, flying saucers, angels, ghosts, etc. The imagination is an incredible thing and the police, military, and other trusted figures are not immune. When we don't know the answer to things we tend to fill in the blanks with delusions of the extraordinary or supernatural.

Last edited:
We simply don't know. Whatever they are they are moving at speeds far greater than anything within the "known" US and foreign militaries and defying the laws of physics.

I haven't read the link, but it could be pilots trying to remove the stigma of reporting sightings of strange things. Even a civilian contract cargo pilot may have his or her career suffer from seeing too many UFO's, let alone military pilots. And certainly sightings of phenomena are not indicative of alien technology...

You can only argue technology being like magic if you're talking to someone that has either no, or very little experience with how technology works.
To most, the way a microprocessor works is magic, yet no one can come in here and claim it came from aliens.

People and especially trained proffecionals will not confuse technology with magic, even if it is beyond their understanding how it works.

50.gif

Why are we not talking about what kind of motor oil these UFOs use.

Airline pilots and military personnel etc are uniquely more qualified than most to discern unexplained aerial phenomena from things such as swamp gas and weather balloons and generally would have no reason to lie and put their career and livelihood at risk, they have a duty to report the ETs and calling them crackpots is probably uncouth and wrong. They are the reason you are free. If the UFOs decide to cloak and go through wormholes, use water propulsion from water molecules present in the atmosphere or create a magnetic field within the craft then so be it.

The likelihood of other civilizations in space grows less likely as identification technology improves. The odds that a planet that can support intelligent life are extraordinarily low. We are insanely lucky to even exist.

We could very well be the only intelligent life in the galaxy. There are things that are too far away to determine what they really are, like that possible dyson sphere. I understand that they could be so advanced that they could conceal themselves, but we would have seen something by now.

I'm not sure they would screw around and make themselves obvious without making contact, although there are some extremely compelling accounts of UFO encounters by both civilians and military alike.

These phenomena have been sighted since biblical times, and aren't just the realms of crackpots.

Over time, they appear to be just beyond our current level of technology...there were airship sightings before there were airships. Abductees being shown room size super computers rather than I-Phones...

As to them being from outer space ?

There's almost a fey element to them....waking up to your horse's mane being braided, or footprints over your barn roof gave way to cattle mutilations and crop circles.

But...project bluebook was ostensibly to see what people saw from the A-12 Oxcart programme...it was built in secret, flew twice as high, and 4 times as fast as any airliner, and pilots were reporting seeing an "Unidentified Flying Object", that was capable of feats beyond anything humans could imagine (but they HAD imagined them, and they'd built them).

Now, in my view, the donut on a rope vapour trails, the crazy sonic booms, and that triangular craft that's photographed regularly are just the next A12 Oxcart programme.

They stopped the SR-71 because they didn't need it anymore ?

Yeah right...they didn't need it anymore because there's something better

Originally Posted by talest
Why are we not talking about what kind of motor oil these UFOs use.
It's Soylent Green.

Arthur C Clarke's three laws:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Unfortunately there is much sensationalism surrounding this whole UFO issue and very few physical facts and hard evidence.

Physicist Don Lincoln suggested that it was "very unlikely that what these pilots are reporting turns out to be an unfriendly superweapon or an alien craft," however he would like to see the reports investigated "under the premise that the best science is done when as many opinions are considered as possible, preferably in the open and subject to peer review." According to Lincoln, "unidentified doesn't mean flying saucer or a Russian super weapon. It merely means unidentified." [21][22]...

According to Steve Cummings of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems, the video images captured by a Raytheon-made Advanced Targeting Forward Look Infrared sensor (ATFLIR) are not definitive proof that the jet pilots were chasing an actual UFO. Cummings noted, "To really be sure, we would need the raw data. Visual displays alone are not the best evidence".[24]...

USS Nimitz UFO Incident, Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nimitz_UFO_incident

I very much agree with physicist Don Lincoln. Let's impanel a group of physicists, chemists, meteorologists, radar experts, Optical Imaging experts, Computer scientists, etc, not connected with any DOD group for two years, with a decent budget and look at the real physical evidence (if there is any), such as recording of radar images, FLIR images, etc.

I don't think we can entrust this topic to any one such person as Luis Elizondo or to any one group such as the The Stars Academy of Arts & Science.

Originally Posted by Wiki
The Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP)[1] was a secret investigatory effort funded by the United States Government to study unidentified flying objects, but it was not classified. The program was first made public on December 16, 2017. The program began in 2007, with funding of $22 million over the five years until the available appropriations were ended in 2012.[2][3][4] The program began in the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency.[5] Although the official AATIP program has ended, a related group of interested professionals have extended the effort, founding a nonprofit organization called "The Stars Academy of Arts & Science ".[6][7]

Further, consider Ball Lightning. We are just beginning to understand this natural phenomena in terms of electrostatics and plasmas.

Last edited:
I seen two of these fly over my head one day. Guess what.....I believe. Youtube....cigar shaped ufo.
[Linked Image]

Soylent Green LOL
Until they make contact I`m a doubter at the same time crop circles etc are tantalizing.
As to other planets with life as we know it there are other stars with planets in the goldlilocks zone, however, the earth has a moon which causes tides that helps keep the oceans clean. There are so many other features of earth that are so unique as to seem impossible.
Intelligent design, or?

Originally Posted by fisher83
Lots of people claim to see extraordinary things. Bigfoot, aliens, flying saucers, angels, ghosts, etc. The imagination is an incredible thing and the police, military, and other trusted figures are not immune. When we don't know the answer to things we tend to fill in the blanks with delusions of the extraordinary or supernatural.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back