Drain and fill 08 Kia Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if I have to do a relearn after doing a drain and fill. I'm using idemitsu sp3 fluid. I bought 4 quarts, drain and fill is supposed to be 3.5 so should be enough. Unit has been maintained very well over the years with solid Carfax reporting.

No, you do not need to do any kind of relearn
smile.gif

Simply drain the fluid, measure how much came out, and refill with the same amount

Make sure the fluids are at same or about same temp. After refill go thru all gears with engine on staying in each gear (brake on) for 3-5 secs, repeat 2-3 times.

Dubber09 I will make sure to cycle all the gears, thanks for the heads up. I plan on doing the d&f on my next oil change. Probably in June.

Originally Posted by Jetsfan421
Dubber09 I will make sure to cycle all the gears, thanks for the heads up. I plan on doing the d&f on my next oil change. Probably in June.

When refilling ATF, and if your car has ATF cooler, it'll be much faster and spill free if you detach hose between cooler and transmission, there are two of them - one goes from transmission into cooler and one coming out of cooler and back into transmission, they may have red and yellow paint marks on them where red is the one going into the cooler, detach that one to allow air to escape while refilling. Don't forget to put it back on and secure with its clump when done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back