Went 100% debt free today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well except for taxes and my CC bills that I pay to 0 every month.

It has been a concentrated effort for the last 10 years to do this and it feels nice to finally accomplish it. My plan was to do this and still save for retirement, without denying myself to many pleasures.

Tonight I celebrate !

Just wanted to share because I am happy
smile.gif

Excited for you.You can wealth build now.

I just paid a nasty home equity off (6.5%) with a massive tax return due to business tax changes for consultants. Just need to convince wife to pay off her 4 year vehicle loan quicker now which is first in my life at age 46.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Well except for taxes and my CC bills that I pay to 0 every month. It has been a concentrated effort for the last 10 years to do this and it feels nice to finally accomplish it. My plan was to do this and still save for retirement, without denying myself to many pleasures.

Tonight I celebrate !

smile.gif

You should be, and you deserve to be happy. Congratulations! It really makes for a good feeling, doesn't it? A concentrated, well disciplined financial effort, will always be worth the sacrifice it takes to achieve it. You will be thanking yourself for years to come, for being smart with your money now, and in the past. Believe me, the celebration has only just begun!

I've long been debt free, no mortgage, no car payments... But my wife and I have no children which I've always wanted and will never have. Money isn't everything.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Well except for taxes and my CC bills that I pay to 0 every month.

It has been a concentrated effort for the last 10 years to do this and it feels nice to finally accomplish it. My plan was to do this and still save for retirement, without denying myself to many pleasures.

Tonight I celebrate !

smile.gif

Wow!!

Well done, sir!

Nice! Wish I could say the same. About $30k in debt total if I count car payment on the Escape and credit cards. I'm prioritizing paying back the credit cards first because that's like 25% APR vs 5% on the car.

PS: Congrats, you have a lot of nice cars and trucks in your signature. You've worked hard for that
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dogememe
Nice! Wish I could say the same. About $30k in debt total if I count car payment on the Escape and credit cards. I'm prioritizing paying back the credit cards first because that's like 25% APR vs 5% on the car.

PS: Congrats, you have a lot of nice cars and trucks in your signature. You've worked hard for that
smile.gif

Have you looked into a consolidation loan? Credit unions, banks, etc. 25% APR is rough.
Good luck.

With a signature list of new(er) nice cars like that, I have to ask what in the heck you do for a living? You owe on none of those vehicles or a house? How old are you?

Congrats though! Thats awesome!

Originally Posted by dogememe

smile.gif

go sign up for a 0% interest credit card.. transfer the 25% interest CC balances there and you can pay it off faster

IIRC the chase slate even has 0% fee to transfer to. so you get 15months of no interest to pay it down.

other option is something like discover card that has 0% interest but 3% fee to balance transfer.. still better than 20%+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back