New Betta made bubbles nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read online that this means it wants to mate.

The crazy thing is it put the bubbles in the corner of the tank closest to me as if it's trying to tell me something. It must be smarter than I thought.

Is it cruel if I deny him a female

Last edited:
No, it's not cruel. You'd only be able to leave them together temporarily if you did want to mate them. The male can become aggressive after mating and attack the female, since the males care for the eggs.

I bred bettas once as a kid. It was fun but I was left with a bunch of bettas I had to care for. I wouldn't do it again as it's hard to care for that many permanently. They should not be in cups as everyone believes.

The breeding and selling of Bettas should be outlawed IMO. Nothing should be forced to live a cup. Horribly cruel that we've continued to allow this to happen.

+1 No creature should be force to live in a GD cup. its sickening. When we choose to take care of Gods creatures we have an obligation to take care of them properly. JMO

Originally Posted by Trav
+1 No creature should be force to live in a GD cup. its sickening. When we choose to take care of Gods creatures we have an obligation to take care of them properly. JMO

Exactly!! +2 Trav!!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Trav

Exactly!! +2 Trav!!

+3

Like said by others and myself.. You don't have to leave male bettas by themselves. A single male betta willl happily live in a community aquarium setting with other appropriate species of fish. The more room the better. Female bettas can be kept in groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back