How many still listen to AM radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day.

I have an antenna that is adjustable for both azimuth and elevation, and high quality receivers that can take full advantage of the antenna.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by StevieC
I listen to CFZM 740 at night.

Via the internet?
wink.gif

No, live on my Tecsun all mode all band radio.

My 43' vertical base-loaded Amateur antenna does a good job of receiving signals from 100 KHz to 30 MHz.

Via the internet?
wink.gif

Do you ever use it to listen to the NOAA weather stations? Does it have the weather alarm function?

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Rudy1999 250
I like AM Rush, Ramsey. I cant stand FM Music it is Terrible.!

Yes, finding an FM station with a tolerable music format is almost impossible...

Today's young peoples music is horrible. None of the Top-100 songs today would have made the everyday airwaves during the 50s thru the 80s.
Absolute garbage today. It's rare to hear more than one good song per hour today.

Not only that, but there seems to be a rash of stations now trying to please everyone by playing something old, then something new. I hate these formats. I'll be surfing through the channels looking for something I like and I'll come across a station playing an old song (from the 60s, 70,s or 80s), and then the next song will be something current. These stations just end up ticking half the people off half of the time, and the other half the rest of the time...

That's usually the case in smaller, less populated areas. Don't worry, even larger cities up here in Canada suffer this programming format.

The only places I know of that have the format your looking for, are larger cities in the US like LA/NYC. There they have dedicated genre/eras that they play all day, everyday.
It's funny when I visit those cities, I'll hear songs I haven't heard on the radio up here in Canada for decades! (sometimes, ever)
My guilty pleasure is 90s rap
25.gif

Really takes me back and makes my US trips that much more enjoyable!
34.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Via the internet?
wink.gif

Do you ever use it to listen to the NOAA weather stations? Does it have the weather alarm function?

I have a separate set of radios for that, one in the house and one for mobile storm spotting.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Remember how record buyers would record their albums onto cassette in order to preserve the album?

I have a few Beatle Albums (from the late '70's) that have only been played once for that very reason.

I've considered putting them on e-bay, but I don't think they would be worth much.

Originally Posted by chainblu
I have a few Beatle Albums (from the late '70's) that have only been played once for that very reason.

I've considered putting them on e-bay, but I don't think they would be worth much.

The ones that are worth the most are the black rainbow Capitol mono pressings. Funny you mentioned your Beatles albums,I was playing through a few of mine last night.

I do all day since I drive a lot for work.
Sometimes talk, sometimes news radio. WCBS 880 out of NYC is good for the national news. 1080 WTIC has local talk shows and traffic/weather and state wide coverage.
Then there are some small low power hyperlocal stations with interesting programing and a few music stations.
At night I can hear Zoomer Radio 740 out of Toronto which has old 1930s-1940s radio shows.

If I lived in another part of the country that just had a few automated zombie stations that played nothing but national syndicated shows I probably wouldn't listen. Luckily there is still plenty to listen to around here. Even on the FM dial there are still lots of small independents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back