Treadmill Recommendation Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by javacontour
Go to the gym and use theirs, taking in the sights while you are there....

I go to the Y, most of the sights are 65+...

We have a good mix at our Y. Some talent and some experience (spelled aged.)

We've owned the f80 for 9+ years and the only thing we've replaced is the rear roller once. Lots of miles between the three of us.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by javacontour
Go to the gym and use theirs, taking in the sights while you are there....

I go to the Y, most of the sights are 65+...

I have a treadmill at home. I prefer to go to the gym or just hit the road. It kinda depends on the quality of the gym that you go to. The higher end ones tend to have better sights for some reason...

Originally Posted by Lumberjacks1
We've owned the f80 for 9+ years and the only thing we've replaced is the rear roller once. Lots of miles between the three of us.

Thanks
thumbsup2.gif

I ordered my new treadmill because my old Nordictrack that was used when I bought it gave up the ghost over the weekend. (Control Board went)
It's 20 years old it looks like by the date on it.

I was going to splurge and get the Sole F-85 but the F-80 was a better deal and I didn't need the extra features that the F-85 came with over the F-80.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Sole F-80
[Linked Image]

Just wanted to post a Follow-up. Got the treadmill and have it all setup and used it for the first time today. Really happy with the Sole F-80. It's whisper quiet and it works extremely well. I did the whole setup myself with my bad back, however it would have been advisable to have a second person help me hold the console while I connected the wires on both sides. I improvised because no one was home at the time and it worked well.

Also a word of advice. The front feet plastic collars take 3 screws. Put the end screws (x2) on first and then the one on top. You will need to use the Allan-Key combination screw driver for the top screw as a regular screw driver can't be used due to the angle of the pole. (Ask me how I know this and ask me how long it took [censored] around to get it to thread).

It came with the chest band to wireless monitor heart rate but I can't see myself using this so I tested it and put it away as you can take your heart rate by holding the handle bars on either side of the start/stop buttons.

I also like the speed and incline control on the lower handle bars so you don't have to push these buttons on the console.

The fans put out a nice breeze and the music auxiliary port to feed the on-board speakers work well and they give you a headphone jack as well so you can feed it into the treadmill and then back out to separate headphones. Why you wouldn't just go direct from your device is a bit of a mystery.

Anyway... Let the continued weight loss continue.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Garak
You can put half a million kilometres on it, too.
wink.gif

LOL, I already had the lubricant ordered from Amazon before it got here. BITOG syndrome.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back